Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck at "mbinit: done [128MB total pool size, (85/42 split]"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here :(. This Hackintosh thing is not trivial... everything was working fine until I did some modifications (but don't know which one...)

I've tried to set up my Hackintosh, however, whenever I boot from the HDD, I get the error "mbinit: done [128MB total pool size, (85/42 split]". If I boot into my UniBeast flash drive and then into the HDD, it boots successfully. Why, I don't know, but I've tried everything I could. I've copied the EFI file from my UniBeast drive and added it to my HDD. I've re-adjusted my flags ( -v -dart-0). I've installed all of the required drivers and the Nvidia web drivers, but still no luck. I have a feeling this issue has to do with my GPU (listed below), but I still don't know how to fix it. Here's my "important" parts list:

Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Stinger Mini-ITX
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 3.5GB

Are you able to boot without your GPU ??

I was able to bypass this on OS X 10.11. I took notes the entire time, and I'll get back to you once I found out how I fixed it

9fiftyfife I have the exact same issue. stuck at "mbinit: done [128MB total pool size, (85/42 split]"

Waiting for your help.. really appreciate it!!

I too am stuck in this rut and haven't yet been able to get past it either. I'm running with a minimal setup using onboard Intel video but will try dropping in an Nvidia to see if anything changes. So far nothing I change in boot arguments or bios options has been changing anything.

Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
16 Gb DDR4
Crucial MX300 SSD

I'll keep at it but if others have gotten past this I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

Ok!!! I got my system up and running!!!!

9fiftyfife, thank you for your article I tried those flags and they didn't help me, so I did more research on how to make my motherboard working with macOS and BIG thanks to giacomoleopardo, found here on tonymacx86 thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-workstation-triplet.199643/. I then followed up his direction on how to create USB and although I did everything like he says it would still not boot up and so then I went to Bios and changed settings like he says step by step and system started booting up from USB in no time. So what I would suggest, instead of trying thousands of combinations of flags, make sure your BIOS is set up in the right way. I spend a lot of nights trying to figure it out but with no luck and the problem was with my BIOS configurations. After I configured BIOS everything worked like a charm. The only thing is audio is not working now but I think it can be fixed too...

OK. Success! After all that I didn't have my XHCI Hand-off: Enabled set correctly. I swore I had set it but must have somehow overlooked it (like 10 times). But I'm up and running now! Woohoo!

OK. Success! After all that I didn't have my XHCI Hand-off: Enabled set correctly. I swore I had set it but must have somehow overlooked it (like 10 times). But I'm up and running now! Woohoo!

I'm sure your neighbors heard you when you bypassed that line!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back