Contribute
Register

[Solved] Still waiting on root device (prohibit sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock B360M Pro4
CPU
Intel i5-8400
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello there.

I'm currently having problems at this step. I've been reading many information I found using the search feature and most of them suggest to use USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 (which I did). Also using the USB ports located at the rear, trying on different ports but I had no luck.

I'm attaching my EFI/Clover folder and a capture when it stops just in case someone can help me.

IMG_4619.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 155
Hello there.

I'm currently having problems at this step. I've been reading many information I found using the search feature and most of them suggest to use USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 (which I did). Also using the USB ports located at the rear, trying on different ports but I had no luck.

I'm attaching my EFI/Clover folder and a capture when it stops just in case someone can help me.

The Rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered

Search for still waiting for root device.

As stated in my first post, I used the search function before posting and also claimed that these solutions didn't work.

What I've done so far:
- Tried different ports
- Tried disconnecting other USB devices (currently only using keyboard and the USB itself)
- Tried adding additional flags as many related threads I found (-X, npci=x2000, UseKernelCache=No)
- Tried adding FixOwnerShip and ClockID to true as suggested here

* I'm still trying to figure out some solutions inside and outside this forum meanwhile.

As stated in my first post, I used the search function before posting and also claimed that these solutions didn't work.

What I've done so far:
- Tried different ports
- Tried disconnecting other USB devices (currently only using keyboard and the USB itself)
- Tried adding additional flags as many related threads I found (-X, npci=x2000, UseKernelCache=No)

* I'm still trying to figure out some solutions inside and outside this forum meanwhile.

Try adding in Clover/Kexts/Other folder GenericUSBkext or USBInjectallkext. It’s where you should also have FakeSMCkext.

Try adding in Clover/Kexts/Other folder GenericUSBkext or USBInjectallkext. It’s where you should also have FakeSMCkext.

This did trick. Thank you :)

Thank you Nelx for posting, thank you Gigamaxx for your answer. Sorry about the extra post P1lgrim but I was in the same situation as Nelx. I had spent hours looking at forums and guides and people with the same problem but none of their solutions worked for me either until I found this post.
Like Nelx, I had:
- Tried different ports
- Tried adding additional flags as many related threads I found (-X, npci=x2000, UseKernelCache=No, -V, cpus=1, nv_disable=1)

and none had worked for me either. I had tried so many combinations and several things I almost gave up.
Thanks to Gigamaxx suggestion, adding GenericUSBkext or USBInjectallkext to Clover/Kexts/Other folder also worked for me.

Sorry about the extra post, just wanted to thank everyone who puts all the effort and time to help the rest of us. It is truly appreciated.
I also wanted to let other people with the same problem know that this worked for me as well.

There are many variables to getting a system up and running unfortunately without USB function you don’t have much of a chance. Settings in bios and clover are a good idea and usually mandatory. If that doesn’t work use the Kexts.

What I’ve noticed and what I always start with is GenericUSBkext. It has limits but generally allows an install to go forward. On some systems (mobo model, series and brands etc) it acts differently. On one system it will show in “About this Mac” no USB devices, but on others it shows USB 2.0, 3.0 devices and lists them correctly. But even though they may not show they tend to work. Another strange thing is sometimes on various systems the devices need to be plugged in before booting and on others you can hot plug. It doesn’t work well for USB 3.1 devices though as it’s an older kext.

USBInjectAllkext is a better choice if you have some of the aforementioned quirks but it may take some work to get it fully configured via dsdt or ssdt creation. But once you do that you have a better solution in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back