Contribute
Register

[Solved] Still losing headphone jack sense after sleep on GA-Z97MX Gaming 5 (ALC 1150)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z95MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
Asus GTX 950 Strix
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
All,

Thanks to all the great resources available on this forum I got pretty much everything working on my GA-Z97MX Gaming 5 motherboard running EFI BIOS version F6 under El Capitan.

Using the CodecCommander.kext from "www.tonymacx86.com/audio/170063-fix-no-sound-after-sleep-1150-possibly-other-realteks.html" I have audio working after resuming from sleep.

However, one thing that eludes me is fixing the loss of headphone jack sense after the computer wakes up from sleep. "Internal Speakers" continues to work, but plugging in headphones is no longer detected. (It works fine after a fresh boot, before the system goes to sleep for the first time).

I am using the "Realtek ALC1150" driver that comes with MultiBeast 8.0.1. I am using "iMac14,2" for the system definition (since there is also an nVidia GT 750ti card in the build).

I have also tried unloading and reloading the AppleHDA.kext after sleep or using the "audioReset" app, but that causes all audio devices to disappear.

If anybody has any suggestions what else to try, I'd be grateful.

thanks a bunch!

norgfach

Las12425,

Thanks for your reply!

The good news is I got everything working now! Here is what I did:
  • Updated CodeCommander to the latest version from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads -- At that time this was version 2016-721. After this, headphone playback was working fine after waking the system from sleep, but I lost playback on the "Internal Speakers", corresponding to the green Audio Out jack on the back of the motherboard after waking from sleep.
  • Next, I replaced the ALC1150 section of the "Info.plist" that comes with the CodecCommander.kext with the section you posted in the thread you linked above. -- Result: Everything works after the system comes back from sleep. Headphone jack works, "Internal Speakers" audio works, and headphone jack sensing also works: Plugging in/unplugging headphones now automatically switches audio output back and forth between my speakers and my headphones. No need to wake up any hardware with "hda-verb" after sleep!
Thanks once more for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back