Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sleep and shutdown not working on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm still in Sierra. I testing Mojave on a different disk using Intel HD 4000 and waiting for Nvidia's drivers for Mojave. I thinking upgrade my Sierra (o make a fresh install on my SDD if the upgrade is complicated) but only when can resolve the sleep issue and Nvidia drivers are out.

OK, that sounds wise. I'm lucky that I still have the GTX 670 as it is the last generation nVidia supported by Mojave. In terms of sleep issues, if you'd like to update to High Sierra in the meantime, I think you might benefit from my previous posts.

Below is my solution for Mojave. My problems were:

- sleep and shutdown caused reboot. I had to do hard resets.
- audio wasn't working. I tried Toleda's suggested method number 2.

Here's the SLEEP/SHUTDOWN fix for my setup, in four parts.

1) EFI files.

View media item 191119
View media item 191120
I also placed the DSDT.aml for my mobo in the PATCHED folder (in ACPI) but that broke my audio after I got it to work. So it may be that my powermanagement is not quite optimal now but I don't want to mess with DSDT-settings at the risk of losing audio again. (The reason was probably that the DSDT was for the newer revision of my mobo that doesn't generally have these audio issues. It's a known problem.)

2) CLOVER settings.

ACPI

View media item 191111
The second tab (2) has nothing ticked now. Under HS I needed to have two sleep related fixes ticked (check my solution for HS!). Now I added the P- and C-states.

BOOT

View media item 191112
Here I changed the parameter of darkwake to 0, added rootless=0 and kext_dev_mode=1. I also dropped dart=0. It should be noted that adding -lilubeta may have something to do with sleep as well (?) although I placed it here for audio.

CPU

View media item 191113
C2-6 also here.

DEVICES

View media item 191114
These probably don't have effect on sleep/shutdown but for audio (see below).

View media item 191115
Also, I de-cluttered my Clover boot choices which is great! Now only three choices.

KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES

View media item 191116
These work for me (quite standard, I assume?).

3) ENERGYSAVER settings.

View media item 191117
Sorry, these are in Finnish -- but you'll learn some new language, maybe! :)

4) LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS folder kexts.

View media item 191118
It should also be noted that Adobe Creative Cloud Sync is not causing any trouble anymore as it was under HS.

And now the AUDIO fix.

I had already tried Toleda's guide (sorry that I can't link to that straight now, but you'll definitely find it pinned at the top of Mojave forum!) but for my mobo the second method didn't help out of the box. I'm quite sure it was because of this mobo revision 1.0. But I gave it one more go and first I uninstalled every audio component following the instructions to the letter. Then I downloaded the newest Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext files. That was perhaps the most important thing to do, not to go with the same ones I had. Also, other guides said to type -lilubetaall into the Boot-section arguments but Toleda's guide has it just -lilubeta. And of course, don't forget -alcbeta. That did it: after reboot, sweet audio! AND audio also wakes from sleep -- a thing that has been troubling many.

So, I hope these may be of help!

ONE LAST THING: if you're experiencing problems with previewing JPGs and/or the Preview app crashes, pay attention to the NoVPAJpeg.kext in the EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER folder! That completely fixed it for me.

after installing Mojave 10.14.2, whenever i shutdown, the system will reboot instead. i tried all the above "fix" but still unable to resolve.

any one able to help :(

thanks in advance

after installing Mojave 10.14.2, whenever i shutdown, the system will reboot instead. i tried all the above "fix" but still unable to resolve.

any one able to help :(

thanks in advance

Sorry to read it didn't help you, d3nnis. I'm afraid my know-how is limited to this... I hope someone else can assist!

I was having Shutdown and Restart issue in High Sierrs. Changed the following 3 in Clover Configurator and 1 in Multibeast which resolved the issue for me:

Multibeast:
# Bootloaders - Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM

Clover Configurator:
# [Acpi] - FixShutdown
# [Acpi] - Halt Enabler (Put Checkmark)
# [Boot] - darkwake=1

Let me know if these works for you too. Cheers.

Clover Configurator:
# [Acpi] - FixShutdown
# [Acpi] - Halt Enabler (Put Checkmark)
# [Boot] - darkwake=1

i tried the above ... but didnt work for me :(

i tried the above ... but didnt work for me :(

If your mobo has 3.1 usb check if it is showing up in About this Mac > System Report > USB tab, if not just try one of this four kext in the linked below, replace it and restart. then restart or shutdown your pc again. see if it will work.

Please change your GenericUSB3 kext in/L/E with this kext.

This always solve my problem regarding shutdown and restart.

You dont have to check anything in ACPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back