Motherboard
MSI Z390 CARBON AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Where I'm at:
--------------------------
So I made the bootable usb following the guide, in STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings my motherboard doesn't seem to have any of those settings so I just loaded optimized defaults.

Then at Step 4.4 "4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot Mac OS X from USB" it displays the apple logo on a black screen, pauses for about 2 seconds then shows the loading bar for install, then crashes.

epmasters seems to have had success with a similar motherboard but it looks like he uses a different boot loader. One of my good friends suggests there is a file you can download that tells the boot program not to overload it self but we no longer can find where that file is.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them! Thanks or any and all help!​

[SOLVED]

Updated Bios with: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z87-GD65-GAMING.html
Settings:
Intel Virtualization Tech Disabled
CFG-Lock Disabled​

Last edited:
Where I'm at:
So I made the bootable usb following the guide, in STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings my motherboard doesn't seem to have any of those settings so I just loaded optimized defaults.

Then at Step 4.4 "4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot Mac OS X from USB" it displays the apple logo on a black screen, pauses for about 2 seconds then shows the loading bar for install, then crashes.

epmasters seems to have had success with a similar motherboard but it looks like he uses a different boot loader. One of my good friends suggests there is a file you can download that tells the boot program not to overload it self but we no longer can find where that file is.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them! Thanks or any and all help!

Please boot in "Verbose mode" to get a Text based Screen and not a GUI boot with Apple logo that covers up valuable clues to booting problems displayed in Text mode.

• When you reach Clover Boot Manager [CBM] Screen, scroll down to Tools>Boot Args - and type in -v to the existing Boot flags and then press ENTER> Esc and then boot your USB installer.
  • If you get any boot problem , take a screen photo and upload that image to this Forum using [Upload a File] button located just below and to the Right of this Message window.

Please boot in "Verbose mode" to get a Text based Screen and not a GUI boot with Apple logo that covers up valuable clues to booting problems displayed in Text mode.

• When you reach Clover Boot Manager [CBM] Screen, scroll down to Tools>Boot Args - and type in -v to the existing Boot flags and then press ENTER> Esc and then boot your USB installer.
  • If you get any boot problem , take a screen photo and upload that image to this Forum using [Upload a File] button located just below and to the Right of this Message window.

Thank you so much for the support. I edited the boot arguments and launched the installer. It was tricky to get a picture of it since it loaded the text and then would crash to black in a few seconds. I used a capture card to grab these screenshots, hopefully they are helpful.

Photo 1.jpg Photo 2.jpg Photo 3.jpg Photo 4.jpg Photo 5.jpg

in tools/settings delete nv_disable=1 (in bootargs), go to graphics and enable just nvidia injection and load bios, dont select webdrivers, be sure to plug into hdmi or dvi ports, never on vga, it should load just fine

in tools/settings delete nv_disable=1 (in bootargs), go to graphics and enable just nvidia injection and load bios, dont select webdrivers, be sure to plug into hdmi or dvi ports, never on vga, it should load just fine

Removed "nv_disable=1", in Graphics injector selected Nvidia, bios, and unselected webdrivers, made sure to use an hdmi cable from graphics card directly to monitor as apposed to before with a VGA to HDMI cable.

Same crash at same stage, recorded second attempt with a capture card passthrough on the hdmi.

Attempt 2 Still001.jpg Attempt 2 Still002.jpg Attempt 2 Still003.jpg Attempt 2 Still004.jpg

can you check if it reacts to capslock? to see if is really crashed, also now try to use webdrivers, if everything fails try using "graphicsenabler=no" as an bootarg (don't inject anything)

can you check if it reacts to capslock? to see if is really crashed, also now try to use webdrivers, if everything fails try using "graphicsenabler=no" as an bootarg (don't inject anything)

How should I check for capslock? Like if having it enabled allows it to boot? I just tried both with webdrivers and the last settings as well as with graphicsenabler=no. I can post the text screen but it looks very similar

press it, see if the led lights up
haha it does, I did not have it on

I am using a corsair k95 keyboard, I could use something simplar if you think that might have an effect if its like trying to load drivers or something

no is just to see if the system is not freeze, it seems that is just a graphics thing

when "graphicsenabler=no" be sure to not select anything in graphics injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back