Graphics
Intel UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have a desktop build:
MoBo: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: GTX970

My El Capitan install suddenly stopped booting. I already have a forum opened for that issue, but I have a gig in two weeks and I need this build working, and unfortunately I can't wait. Installing Sierra was my last resort, and doing that seems to have entirely failed me. I removed my graphics card and I have tried multiple bootflags to attempt to boot into Sierra for the first time after installation but what I have received from verbose mode is pictured in the attachment. If it appears difficult to read, I apologize, but that's as good as I can get it.

What I can gather is it is either a kernel panic or the CPU is preventing boot. I am not sure. I was suddenly getting this message with El Capitan too and I haven't been able to find any threads that discuss this particular problem.

Attachments

• 20170227_205338.jpg
    20170227_205338.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
I have a desktop build:
MoBo: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: GTX970

My El Capitan install suddenly stopped booting. I already have a forum opened for that issue, but I have a gig in two weeks and I need this build working, and unfortunately I can't wait. Installing Sierra was my last resort, and doing that seems to have entirely failed me. I removed my graphics card and I have tried multiple bootflags to attempt to boot into Sierra for the first time after installation but what I have received from verbose mode is pictured in the attachment. If it appears difficult to read, I apologize, but that's as good as I can get it.

What I can gather is it is either a kernel panic or the CPU is preventing boot. I am not sure. I was suddenly getting this message with El Capitan too and I haven't been able to find any threads that discuss this particular problem.

Hi there :)
The screen-grab indicates where the boot failed but not what caused it as far as I can see - my eyesight isn't brilliant! Someone with more experience might spot it. Clearly the CPU is working okay despite appearances.

In your components you don't mention what your boot drive is - HD, SSD etc. I suspect it's some corruption there which scuppered El Cap and is now undermining Sierra. To test this try booting to Clover using your UniBeast USB stick. Does that get you anywhere?

As for removing the Graphics card - the one you have should be compatible unless, perhaps, it is an XFX branded model.

:)

My installation disk is an SSD. I have tried booting from the USB and that gave me the same issue. I attempted to reinstall, but now I can't get the USB to boot to install. It gives me the same issue. I hope too that someone might know what's going on. The graphics card is compatible as it worked with El Capitan but I removed it thinking that was what might be causing the hang up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back