Contribute
Register

Solved see comments. ELAN1200 touchpad tap to click fix. VoodooI2C GPI0 guide confusing statement at the end, (delete return from _CRS Method?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS UX430U (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
GTX 940MX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi first off notebook model is ASUS 430U, using OpenCore 0.6.5, Intel i7-7500U HD620 installed 10.14 Mojave.
The ELAN1200 Precision Touchpad works in the sense that I can move it, right click works yet left click doesn't (Clicking on Safari links opens a scollable preview, when clicking on text it gets marked in yellow and a suggestion/lexicon/word description opens up next to it, folder icons get shown in a preview panel when clicking on folders etc..).
Quickly clicking twice seems to invoke a left click but that's not really what. I am looking for.
Worst of all tap to click doesn't work which is why I ought to follow the gpio guide in the first place.

So I tried to follow the VoodooI2C GPIO Pinning Guide. Opened up MaciASL to get the System DSDT file, edited lines according to the guide up until 2e.
The only issue I have is, at the end (2e Ensuring your DSDT notifies System...) the guide states:
Finally, make sure that there are no other Return statements in your _CRS method apart from the following at the end:

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
Yet a few scrolls above, the guide itself shows it's _CRS Method containing:
Method (_CRS, 0, Serialized) // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
{
Name (SBFI, ResourceTemplate ()
{
I2cSerialBusV2 (0x0015, ControllerInitiated, 0x00061A80,
AddressingMode7Bit, "\\_SB.PCI0.I2C1",
0x00, ResourceConsumer, , Exclusive,
)
Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, ,, ) <---- Next up the guide notes to delete these lines
{ <---- Next up the guide notes to delete these lines
0x0000006D, <---- Next up the guide notes to delete these lines
} <---- Next up the guide notes to delete these lines
})
Return (SBFI) <----But not this line
}
I am confused. Is the user supposed to replace the Return (SBFB) with The concatenateResTemplate Return statement? Wouldn't that cause an Exception since SBFB exist as parameter but not SBFG?

I suppose an error log or open core EFI folder is not needed for this type of question.

Anyone any idea? Surely someone has completed the guide before.

(You should have a semi functional touchpad just like mine in OP Post for this to make any sense)
Dont follow the Voodoo Guide, just install ACPI Poller kext and ACPIBatteryManager kext, additionally add the EFI->Clover->ACPI->430 aml patch to your Acpi folder and maybe if it doesnt work/do anything install the AsusSMC as well, shouldve anyway (also configplist edit needed but given you have a working hackintosh you should be familiar with editing config.plist when adding kexts & patches anyway)

You will probably run into boot problems since the acpimanager cant map BTX etc.. Boot from your installer and once you booted properly, you should have a battery indicator showing 0% (irrelevant for this post) but more importantly your/a touchpad should be showing up in the touchpad tab.
Now you should enable tap to click and everything else you want (DISABLE the spotlight cr@p at the top). Once done remove the acpibatterymanager kext and the ux430 aml file, dont forget to remove them from your configplist. Now you should be able to reboot without your installer medium anymore and regardless whether your touchpad is not noted in the touchpad tab in settings, all your preferences should work as set. Dont worry if your trackpad doesnt respond on boot up, after a restart it should work.

This should fix 99% of your touchpad problems without having to do complicated and confusing patches etc...
Worth noting: This is not a permanent fix (although it could be seen as such:D), its a very quick hacky semi-fix for people who can't bear a single moment longer with a trackpad that renames folders and opens spotlight for left clicking things. If you want it perfectly and the right way, dont do this. If you are like me and just want to fix it quickly and not think about left-click opening up search&spotlight for every single url then go ahead. Sometimes quicker and hacky is better than spending lots of time and neatly placed. Work smarter not longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back