Contribute
Register

[Solved]RX560 4G, Geekbench 4 score drops after playing any videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using DeInit
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 GAMING OC 4G REv2.0 (16cu version)

Just recently got it as a temporary card until Nvidia sorts out their drivers.

Score appears to be well below the average of 71000 for RX 560 (though they don't specify OSX or Windows in their charts)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 4.46.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 4.46.23 PM.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 344
Using DeInit
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 GAMING OC 4G REv2.0 (16cu version)

Just recently got it as a temporary card until Nvidia sorts out their drivers.

Score appears to be well below the average of 71000 for RX 560 (though they don't specify OSX or Windows in their charts)
Seems the score is abnormal too...
It should be 70000+ or even 80000+, you may try with Lilu+WhateverGreen kext to see if the score changes or not.
But if you got the chance, please run Geekbench before and after you played any video , then compare the differences.

Interesting! I have an RX 460 (which is very similar to RX 560) but not that Geekbench drop after video playback.
Q: Does it happen also if you play the video short ( <= 1 minute) or only after longer play?
Did you closed the player before bench again geekbench and not only stop/pause the video?
I looked at the temp (while playing an 1080p video) , rised from 41 celsius to 52 celsius. So gpu has a bit to do, but temp is far away from the gpu gets clocked down into safe mode (by bios not OS X). I think temps can be at least 80 celsius (to 90) before bios would clock down gpu.
I use LILU + WEG.

RX 460 OpenCL 72529 (RX 460 has 14 CU Units, RX 560 16 CU Units = about 8 % faster than RX 460)
PS: RX 460 can be modded (flashing patched BIOS) to enable also 16 CU Units like RX 560 - but i dont use that bios patch (most be flashed, VBIOS load by clover doesnt work), power consumption rises with that two more CU units also 8%).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-29 um 08.16.19.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting! I have an RX 460 (which is very similar to RX 560) but not that Geekbench drop after video playback.
Q: Does it happen also if you play the video short ( <= 1 minute) or only after longer play?
Did you closed the player before bench again geekbench and not only stop/pause the video?
I looked at the temp (while playing an 1080p video) , rised from 41 celsius to 52 celsius. So gpu has a bit to do, but temp is far away from the gpu gets clocked down into safe mode (by bios not OS X). I think temps can be at least 80 celsius (to 90) before bios would clock down gpu.

RX 460 OpenCL 72529

RX 560 Here. Score 77462. I'm not using DeInit. I'm using SSDT with patched Acre Framebuffer. No change after playing videos.

View attachment 302421
I
full

RX 460 OpenCL 72529

View attachment 302421
Thanks for the info you just provided
Please see my reply :
Q: Does it happen also if you play the video short ( <= 1 minute) or only after longer play? R: Yes, even just open the player for short while.
Did you closed the player before bench again geekbench and not only stop/pause the video? R: I closed all of the programs before running the Geekbench at a second time.

Q: Are you using DeInit or Lilu+WhateverGreen kext?

Seems the score is abnormal too...
It should be 70000+ or even 80000+, you may try with Lilu+WhateverGreen kext to see if the score changes or not.
But if you got the chance, please run Geekbench before and after you played any video , then compare the differences.

yep I get 77k with WhateverGreen and DeInit = false

RX 560 Here. Score 77462. I'm not using DeInit. I'm using SSDT with patched Acre Framebuffer. No change after playing videos.

Ah cool! Can you share what changes you made to SSDT for the graphics specifically? Did you rename the GPU?

Thanks for the info you just provided
Please see my reply :
Q: Does it happen also if you play the video short ( <= 1 minute) or only after longer play? R: Yes, even just open the player for short while.
Did you closed the player before bench again geekbench and not only stop/pause the video? R: I closed all of the programs before running the Geekbench at a second time.

Q: Are you using DeInit or Lilu+WhateverGreen kext?

I played YouTube and some video in Tidal for a few seconds (concurrently) and reran the test, 78201 this time, so it seems ok, I'll try again later after the videos have ran a while.

does eventually drop to 29000 - just randomly tested when I remembered again, been busy working in iMovie :-X

Update: played around with this a bit, replicated the situation with LuxMark too (also using OpenCL) - get around 5500 after first boot, the moment i open iMovie and play something, even for a second, performance will drop to 1600. Logging out and back in doesn't reset the situation, have to reboot.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my sapphire pulse rx 560 and lilu + whatevergreen, the graphics performance is reduced just sent in play any video.
cinebench passes from 106 to 33 the opengl test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back