Contribute
Register

[Solved]RX560 4G, Geekbench 4 score drops after playing any videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem with my sapphire pulse rx 560 and lilu + whatevergreen, the graphics performance is reduced just sent in play any video.
cinebench passes from 106 to 33 the opengl test
This seem exactly the same as mine.
I'm still looking for a solution, the point is I don't know where goes wrong...

does eventually drop to 29000 - just randomly tested when I remembered again, been busy working in iMovie :-X

Update: played around with this a bit, replicated the situation with LuxMark too (also using OpenCL) - get around 5500 after first boot, the moment i open iMovie and play something, even for a second, performance will drop to 1600. Logging out and back in doesn't reset the situation, have to reboot.

So this is it...
But I also got someone in this post who got no issue after playing videos.
Not sure where went wrong.BTW, which mac model do you use?

I solved the problem by setting clover in the smbios tab from imac to mac pro 6.1
I hope you also work with your hackintohs
Happy New Year to all

Whatevergreen and Shiki
Imac 18,3 with IGPU enabled
ASUS ROG RX560 OC edition

I think the Rx560 drivers on 10.13.2 are messed up, I had freezing issues and driver reboots ad infinitum, reverted to sierra

No changes after viewing several videos
Screenshot 2017-12-31 13.05.07.png

Luxmark around 6500 GPU Only

So this is it...
But I also got someone in this post who got no issue after playing videos.
Not sure where went wrong.BTW, which mac model do you use?

I use iMac14,2 - seems closest to my actual hardware.

Interesting suggestion there with MacPro6,1 - I used that originally but ran into some kind of problem, don't remember what now. Not super keen on that since those were mostly Ivy Bridge Xeon based, worth experimenting and then figuring out why it's different. High Sierra is just a major regression in terms of graphics across the board - had so many problems with Nvidia, hence this temporary Radeon.

I can't seem to trigger this issue on my setup (iMac 18,2). I am using Lilu+WhateverGreen (latest versions) and also the latest Clover (4359) version. Using LuxMark I get around 5860 consistently. Also Heaven and CineBench results show no changes after watching several videos (local and on YouTube).

I solved the problem by setting clover in the smbios tab from imac to mac pro 6.1
I hope you also work with your hackintohs
Happy New Year to all
Thanks a lot and happy new year too.
I followed your advice and changed the imac 15.1 to imac pro 6.1 and this issue got solved.
yeah~~~

Whatevergreen and Shiki
Imac 18,3 with IGPU enabled
ASUS ROG RX560 OC edition

I think the Rx560 drivers on 10.13.2 are messed up, I had freezing issues and driver reboots ad infinitum, reverted to sierra

No changes after viewing several videos
View attachment 302880

Luxmark around 6500 GPU Only
You may try it with imac 18.2, I also tried imac 18.3 but doesn't work for me.
Both imac pro 6.1 and imac 18.2 works.
But I don't see big difference between the original imac 18.2 and 18.3...

I use iMac14,2 - seems closest to my actual hardware.

Interesting suggestion there with MacPro6,1 - I used that originally but ran into some kind of problem, don't remember what now. Not super keen on that since those were mostly Ivy Bridge Xeon based, worth experimenting and then figuring out why it's different. High Sierra is just a major regression in terms of graphics across the board - had so many problems with Nvidia, hence this temporary Radeon.
So you can have another try to change it to imac 18.2, the geekbench have no longer dropped under imac 18.2...
So this is the right way to get this issue solved.

So you can have another try to change it to imac 18.2, the geekbench have no longer dropped under imac 18.2...
So this is the right way to get this issue solved.
I tried to test imac 18.2 and the problem reoccurred.
For the moment, the only solution for me is to set smbios in mac pro 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back