Contribute
Register

[Solved]RX560 4G, Geekbench 4 score drops after playing any videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd stick to the SMBios definition that mimics your generation of hardware as closely as possible.

I've changed a few things but I believe a DSDT patch in clover's config.plist to rename the PEG0 device to GFX0 did the trick, benchmarks now stays consistent after video playing/editing. CSM is disabled in the bios and primary display is set to PCIE.

Personally I'd stick to the SMBios definition that mimics your generation of hardware as closely as possible.

I've changed a few things but I believe a DSDT patch in clover's config.plist to rename the PEG0 device to GFX0 did the trick, benchmarks now stays consistent after video playing/editing. CSM is disabled in the bios and primary display is set to PCIE.
It happened again today, would you provide more detail about the change you made for renaming the PEG0 device to GFX0.
Thanks.

I'm not at home now but it looks something like this in your config.plist under DSDT/Patches

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Intel GPU PM. Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>R0ZYMA==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>SUdQVQ==</data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Rename PEGP to GFX0</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    UEVHUA==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    R0ZYMA==
                    </data>
                </dict>

Same here..

before watching youtube
before.youtube.png

And after
after.youtube.png

I thinks its High Sierra only problem. For me in Sierra no suhc probs with RX 460.
If some with HS and Sierra would check it (same GPU) in Sierra we see if its general (i dont think so) or HS only.

I had terrible Cinebench scores and bad Hearthstone performance in High Sierra with a RX560 with iMac 17,1.
I removed my SSDT-i7-6700K.aml and all was fixed.

Edit: nah, it eventually comes back, even without cpu SSDT after the computer has been on for a while. Cinebench scores are bad until I reboot :(

Last edited:
I knew that method too.
However, someone told me that RadeonDeInit will have about 10% lower than Lilu+WhateverGreen kext on the performance.
So would you help test if you got the chance to see whether you have the same issue as mine:
Run Geekbench before and after you played some videos (mp4,mkv or something else), and see if score changes a lot under RadeonDeInit.
Thanks.

I have the same exact issue.

For me on Skylake (hd530) and RX560 4G with 17,1 def, what seems to work right now is:

RadeonDeInit true
ATI inject false
INTEL inject false
I have not renamed GFX0 to IGPU

Bios intel ENABLED (this is what seems to have fixed it for me)
Bios primary card set to PCIE1

So far so good, the slow downs in Cinebench have not come back. If they do, will try one thing at a time to see what triggers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back