Graphics
Quadro 1000M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was using aDummyHDA.kext + config.plist patch method, so patch on the fly. but i lost the audio and nothing shows up in device info under system info.

I remembered Rehabman was mentioning somewhere after a system update, something related to this tend to change back....cannot even find where is this post and don't know whats the problem to get a working patch-on-the-fly AppleHDA doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas?

Question on Audio lost after updated to 10.11.3

I was using aDummyHDA.kext + config.plist patch method, so patch on the fly. but i lost the audio and nothing shows up in device info under system info.

I remembered Rehabman was mentioning somewhere after a system update, something related to this tend to change back....cannot even find where is this post and don't know whats the problem to get a working patch-on-the-fly AppleHDA doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas?

Boot without caches, then rebuild cache.

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Then boot normally.

Question on Audio lost after updated to 10.11.3

Boot without caches, then rebuild cache.

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Then boot normally.

thanks, it works :)

Sorry to wake this up. Can you explain what you mean "boot without caches"? Is there a config.plist switch? I knew Enoch had a switch but not sure how things work with Clover.

This could very well be my problem with my oDummyHDA kext not loading at this time.

So I should remove kext from SLE, then boot without caches (but how?), then add the kext, then rebuild cache and then it might work?

Sorry to wake this up. Can you explain what you mean "boot without caches"? Is there a config.plist switch? I knew Enoch had a switch but not sure how things work with Clover.

This could very well be my problem with my oDummyHDA kext not loading at this time.

So I should remove kext from SLE, then boot without caches (but how?), then add the kext, then rebuild cache and then it might work?

Without caches is kernel flag -f.
It is available from the Clover menu in my version of Clover.
See here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back