Contribute
Register

[Solved] Problem with only Western Digital drive anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P7H55 M-LX
CPU
i3
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I successfully installed 10.13.5 onto my seagate drive(2seagate drives present) with all functions working fine. The only issue im having is with the 2 WD drives. Both the drives work normally on windows(dualboot) but fail to mount on mac. The device in diskutility shows as 'Uninitialized' and has no partitions(partitions show fine on windows). When i try to erase the drive it shows 'unmounting' for about 4-5mins and then gives an error saying 'unable to write to the last block of the device'. So far ive tried using unibeast install disk's disk utitlity too but still the same results. Also tried interchanging sata plugs. Happening with only WD drive.
Anybody with this issue? Please share opinions/solution
15310360399123341903499147443276.jpg
15310362078847042153550146774024.jpg
15310363102021287520127527628538.jpg

Please share opinions/solution
Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.

See [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and try new ICH patch.
Or see [Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error" and try Apple AHCIPort.kext v328.

Note: AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 will only work if installed in /Library/Extensions and using a kext installer like KextBeast.

Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)

Given BreBo's insight, if you swap the Western Digital drives' sata cables so that they plug in to the motherboard where the Seagate ones are/were, do you still have issues?

Given BreBo's insight, if you swap the Western Digital drives' sata cables so that they plug in to the motherboard where the Seagate ones are/were, do you still have issues?

yes! I have swapped with seagate's cables port too but with same results

See [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and try new ICH patch.
Or see [Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error" and try Apple AHCIPort.kext v328.

Note: AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 will only work if installed in /Library/Extensions and using a kext installer like KextBeast.

will test it and report back

PS works perfectly! I didn't have this issue in Sierra. Thank you for the solution!! Placing AppleAHCIPort v329 in L/E did the charm!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back