Contribute
Register

[Solved] Problem upgrading to Sierra from El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. I was looking for a way to remove nvda_drv=1 from my boot args from the Clover Boot screen. I've tried doing it from Clover Main Screen/Options then deleting it from the line with: dart=0 nvda_drv=1, then returning to the boot screen, going to the Install boot option, clicking the space bar and finding it still there in the boot arguments line. At which point I try and remove it from these boot arguments by unticking the box marked 'nvda_drv=1', but it's still there on the crash.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious here - and I appreciate the time that you're spending trying to help me! Is this something that I should remove from my boot options using Clover Configurator, rather than attempting to do it from the Clover boot screen?

Thanks again.

Only remove nvda_drv=1 leaving nv_disable=1 under boot args then try booting.

Only remove nvda_drv=1 leaving nv_disable=1 under boot args then try booting.

I can't remove it. It keeps appearing back when I boot. I wonder if it's got anything to do with me patching the Graphics Card bios on boot. I'll temporarily remove the patch using Clover Config to see whether this does it.

It's not even ticked in my config.plist settings.

OK. The above was the reason that I couldn't get rid of the nvda_drv=1. I set the Nvidia driver control panel to use the default OS Graphics drivers, didn't restart, re-ran the Sierra install program, let the hack restart and ... bingo! No more nvda_drv=1 in the Clover boot options.

So I checked the nv_disable=1 box, selected verbose boot...

...and got the same error as before (but at least no nvda_drv=1 in the report this time)

Attachments

• CameraRoll_3.jpg
    CameraRoll_3.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 99
UPDATE: Got it working. And I'm banging my head that the solution was so simple.

Unplugged all external devices, USB and firewire (except for the keyboard). Double clicked the installer, after switching the Nvidia drivers off in Control Panel, then on restart select nv_disable=1 in boot flags.

Thanks again to VoiletDragon for the patience and pointing me in the right direction re getting the Nvidia sorted out (although it's possible it may have installed fine with it selected, but just with all the USB drives and stuff unplugged. I'll never know).

Of course, now I'm terrified of plugging everything back in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back