Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi,
I build my hackintosh following tonymacx86 buyer's guide line,
my specs are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte z170 - Gaming k3 (bios 3h beta)
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
GPU: ati radeon rx 460 4gb sapphire nitro

Let's say that i need hackintosh mainly for xcode, so make rx 460 not works it's not a big deal, indeed i setup
I have the following problems and after a couple of days of research i'm tired of trying new solution w/o make everything works.
  1. Clearly i get black screen on startup if i don't put as main gpu the intel hd 530, i don't found any kext that works for me
  2. I have tried all the fix posted on this thread: click here , but none works with Sierra 10.12.3
Please guys let me get rid of this shitty problems.
If someone expert will help me find some good resource to learn how to develop good kext, i will gladly to help the community and users like me.
Sorry for long post guys!

1. Clearly i get black screen on startup if i don't put as main gpu the intel hd 530, i don't found any kext that works for me.

Unfortunately that's the only way to use any Radeon RX 4XX, at least from what I have searched since these cards we're released.
Set iGPU as Primary on BIOS. You'll have "boot to black screen" but RX 4XX will kick in on login screen.
I have RX 460 as well and this is my current solution.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

This solution solved the problem. I set IGFX (or iGPU) as Primary on BIOS, i saved, i connect the HDMI to the graphics card, i reboot, and after boot (i but with black screen as well) i see login screen.

I write this to make clear the procedure i followed, for someone, like me, that doesn't figure out immediately.

For the Intel HD 530 i was able to solve the problem by following this:
1. Set "Inject Intel" to true
2. Set "ig-platform-id" : "0x19120000"

3. Set on config.plist:
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>AddProperties</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>IntelGFX</string>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>

Thank you for your answer.

This solution solved the problem. I set IGFX (or iGPU) as Primary on BIOS, i saved, i connect the HDMI to the graphics card, i reboot, and after boot (i but with black screen as well) i see login screen.

I write this to make clear the procedure i followed, for someone, like me, that doesn't figure out immediately.

For the Intel HD 530 i was able to solve the problem by following this:
1. Set "Inject Intel" to true
2. Set "ig-platform-id" : "0x19120000"

3. Set on config.plist:
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>AddProperties</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>IntelGFX</string>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>

Thank you for your answer.
can you explain this a bit better please?? I got the i7 6700 and gigabyte rx 460 4gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back