Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - thank you very much @mlg !

Works like a charm on 10.12.6 with triple 4K Monitors (via DP) and GTX 1080TI.
Also, black screen issues with my setup after wakeup/remote login seem to be fixed as well. Though I am not sure wether your kext even affects this (issue used to be too random).

cheers!

BTW: This Kext should be implemented into multibeast or at least be made available more prominently. GREAT WORK!

Well, guess what I just did? The security thing bugged me after all (no pun intended).

A kernel extension with equal effect but no security impact is available at:

https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

I strongly recommend every user of the old kernel extension to switch over to the new one. I'll keep the old project online and unmodified, because disabling library validation system-wide is useful for other purposes (though you don't want to have it disabled on your desktop system. Really.)

The original download page now points to the new project, too.

Pinging @UtterDisbelief, @boywithaxe and @D-vise, because we specifically discussed this issue in the last few posts.

Wow, this worked perfectly for me!! Thank you!!!

Hi everyone. I wrote a kernel extension, which resolves the problem for those of us without the option to enable an internal GPU. It permits iBooks, Little Snitch and other software to do their rendering with the NVIDIA Web Driver.

EDIT 2: Use this new, secure version instead: https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

Thank you very much, mlg! I had been resorting to enabling CPU graphics but it made icons in Safari etc get corrupted, so I was having to disable it again whenever I wasn't using iBooks. Your solution is far better. :)

I am getting this error:

Can't stat /Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - No such file or directory.

What should I do?

I downloaded the tar file and used Terminal but got this error as well :

Failed to open '/Users/michaelstram/Downloads/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.1.0.0.tar.gz'

Not sure what to do to fix this.

Senza titolo.jpg
With my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 4095 MB iBook, Little Snitch 4. They WORKS without Nvidia web driver, just only the native drivers of my video card.
Senza titolo.jpg

Can't thank you enough! Not only problems with iBooks are gone. But problems with hanging system while connecting and disconnecting second display via DP and tv via HDMI without reboot are completely gone. Sierra 10.12.5.

OK thanks it works, great. I change video card (before i had Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650 4GB) i put in the motherboard
NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4095 MB. I follow your indication but Kext (NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.1.0.0.tar.gz) i install with Kext Wizard.Reebot and it works. Thanks again awesome.
Senza titolo.jpeg

I am getting this error:

Can't stat /Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - No such file or directory.

What should I do?

I downloaded the tar file and used Terminal but got this error as well :

Failed to open '/Users/michaelstram/Downloads/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.1.0.0.tar.gz'

Not sure what to do to fix this.

try to delete '/Users/michaelstram/Downloads/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.1.0.0.tar.gz' . part of the sentence in terminal (before pressing enter) and drag the file from the download folder to terminal, so you have the exact path, and check again.

will this method work with Sierra 10.12, Nvidia driver 367.15.10.05f01???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back