Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no one go re-signing your kernel to fix this; the kext solution is by far the safest

Hi everyone. I wrote a kernel extension, which resolves the problem for those of us without the option to enable an internal GPU. It permits iBooks, Little Snitch and other software to do their rendering with the NVIDIA Web Driver.

EDIT 2: Use this new, secure version instead: https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

This fixed the issue for me as well. I was also having this issue with Little Snitch Network Monitor, it too is working now.

Thanks!

@mlg
Is it possible to make NVWebDriverLibValFix work for Nvidia driver 367.15.10.05f01?

I tried this on my hackintosh Sierra 10.12, NVidia GT710, csrutil disabled (0x67) and im getting this from the terminal.
Code:
/Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.private.
/Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.iokit.
/Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.libkern.
/Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.private.
/Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.iokit.
/Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.libkern.
Diagnostics for /Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext:
Dependency Resolution Failures:
    Only incompatible kexts found for these libraries:
        com.apple.kpi.private
        com.apple.kpi.iokit
        com.apple.kpi.libkern

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

And even though I already know i have completely disabled sip, i still tried to "csrutil disable --without kext" in the recovery, but its still a no-go for me.

Before I tried the terminal route though, I tried putting the kext in clover's /10.12 and /Other (one at a time), and still a no-go for me.

Is there anything else I can do? Budget constrains me to upgrade to a better gpu so I'm stuck with using the unsupported nvdia web driver at the moment. :(

@onofre1981: The extension is only compatible with macOS 10.12.5 and later. From the error, I'd say that you're on an earlier version. Upgrade to 10.12.6 and try again.

Thank you!
This solved my last remaining issue and my hackintosh pro is now complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back