Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often do they update the Nvidia drivers, weeks? months?

Generally only when a new version of OS X is sent out and the build number changes.

Same here on GTX 970 SSC w/ 2xDVI 1xHDMU (3monitor setup). Thought I was going crazy.. Have tried multiple dsdt edits, clover fixes, was going to try a fresh install later today (as I upgraded to sierra instead of a fresh install).

Hopefully it is fixed with 10.12.1 + new web drivers.

Is anyone on the 10.12.1 beta right now?

Since the Apple event is on the 27th hopefully they will release/announce the 10.12.1 update next week too.

updated today to MacOS Sierra 10.12.1, and downloaded the new web driver

...still, the same annoying iBooks bug. Has anyone tried resetting the library?

I updated to 10.12.1 and new Web driver as well with the same result as @finurliig. I have not tried to reset the library. Only luck I had was when I was attempting to get dual graphics to work for a shiki iTunes issue (970 + HD4600 on 10.12.0). With both graphics enabled and 970 as main display, iBooks would show as static, quitting and reopening would allow some visibility but the static was still there and more prominent then the readable text.

I also have a GTX770 2GB which is now in my system for testing new 10.12.1 OS Driver. OS Driver works great, no issues with iBooks. When I enable the 10.12.1 Web Driver on the 770, iBooks goes back to being blank/invisible again. Hopefully nNvidia will realize the issue and correct/release another driver soon.

When I read this comment in another thread, I was hopeful, that 10.12.1 and the latest Nvidia Web Drivers would at least fix the iBooks issue:
The updated drivers are out for 10.12.1 (https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01.pkg) however they're still broken. iBooks works now, but plenty of other apps still show no content (just the window shadow). It's clown town, I'm probably going to jump back to a proper MacBook Pro at the end of the week - the GPU issues are beginning to get in the way of my job.

But it didn't. It's still transparent for me. And I doubt, Nvidia will fix this anytime soon. People have reported this issue on the Apple Support Forums using Web Drivers on a genuine Mac - so it doesn't only affect CustoMacs.

I also contacted Nvidia support a few weeks ago to no avail. The bottom line is: "There is no issue we can (or want) to help you with. Graphics drivers are shipped by Apple via the App Store. If you have issues, report them to Apple, not to us."

He said "plenty of other apps", ibooks was the only app I had a problem with. What other apps aren't working?

Same here. Probably a Apple Metal gfx library bug :/

I have, no change.

The bug remains as of f01 and 10.12.1

He said "plenty of other apps", ibooks was the only app I had a problem with. What other apps aren't working?

I haven't seen the problem in anything but iBooks either.

Reverted back to 10.11.6 via a Time Machine backup and the problem goes away, only on Sierra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back