[Solved] NVIDIA GTX 960 OC Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Mac Mini (LATE 2012)
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Hello:

I'm new to Hackintosh's so I decided to build one using the specs from here. Everything went smoothly as I followed every step of the instructions provided in the guides. Now post installation I can't seem to use the NVIDIA Web drivers, everytime I change to use them in the NVIDIA Panel at Preferences and restart the OS it changes to the default apple drivers. As consequences it doesn't recognized the card and only sets or reads as 7MB in the "about this Mac Section". I followed the instructions in other post using the clover configurator and the web drivers are checked as enabled.

I tried using the clover EIF v2 but that screwed up my Hackingtosh and had to do a fresh install of Sierra using the Unibeast.

As I write this my monitor is connected to the HDMI in the GPU and works fine it has some delays for example loading launched and when logging in.

If someone can help me with this I really would appreciated.

Thanks.

May Hackingtosh Build:
MBOS : Gigabyte Z170X - UD3
RAM : DDR4 Crucial Ballistick 16GB x 2 (32 GB)
GPU: NVIDA GTX 960 OC
CPU: Intel i7 6700K Unlocked
PSU: Corsair RM750
Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

Now post installation I can't seem to use the NVIDIA Web drivers, everytime I change to use them in the NVIDIA Panel at Preferences and restart the OS it changes to the default apple drivers. As consequences it doesn't recognized the card and only sets or reads as 7MB in the "about this Mac Section". I followed the instructions in other post using the clover configurator and the web drivers are checked as enabled.
BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Gigabyte 100/200 series motherboards need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Gigabyte 100/200 series motherboards need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link
Hello:

First of all thank you for the help, I updated clover and installed EmuVariableUefi64 and it work perfectly.

Thanks to you and all the people that contribute with their knowledge in configuration and programming in general. This my first build so I was a bit green on the process.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back