Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 + Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I just tested it. I added -v through the Clover GUI. When booting it gives me a KP again. I attached a screenshot. Any ideas?

EDIT: reuploaded the image. it was upside down?

Attachments

• 2016-09-27_13-11-50.JPG
    2016-09-27_13-11-50.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 337
Alright. I just tested it. I added -v through the Clover GUI. When booting it gives me a KP again. I attached a screenshot. Any ideas?

EDIT: reuploaded the image. it was upside down?

Looks like a Kernel Panic in Nvidia Start up. Do you have nvidia web drivers installed?

The weird thing is that El Capitan worked fine like this. I hope someone knows whats wrong here.

At Clover go to Options then Graphics and post a screenshot.

Hereby the screenshot. Thanks for helping out so far by the way. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Due to the lighting you cant see, but the "InjectNVidia" is checked.

You're not (injecting nvidia) by default. It could be an issue in 10.12. I don't have my 285 no more so I can't try. Do you have a DSDT?

I dont think i have an DSDT (i've read about this, but don't fully understand it). Again the "InjectNVidia" checkbox is checked.

Do i need a DSDT? I would probably need this: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4230-asus-p6t-se-dsdt/ right?

If i need this, I will try to find out how to do it.

EDIT: BTW, i did not need a DSDT in El Capitan.

Last edited:
I am having the same trouble. Using a Unibeast7 USB and the installer KP's at nvidia startup like yours. It must be something with Sierra(?) because I can boot into El Capitan with the same boot drive (I did get lower res graphics but I didn't try to see if I could fix that problem). I can remember having this issue when updating from Snow Leopard to Lion. Back then I swapped out the graphics card, installed as normal and then put the nvidia card back in. Has been working like a charm until this update. I will keep you updated with my attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back