Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 + Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using UniBeast 7 to install & boot MacOS Sierra. Waiting for Multibeast to hopefully solve the issue. I did not fiddle around with different configs yet.

If you mean the build, it's the following:
ASUS P6T SE (X58)
Intel Core i7 920
24GB DDR3 @ 1600MHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

I'm using UniBeast 7 to install & boot MacOS Sierra. Waiting for Multibeast to hopefully solve the issue. I did not fiddle around with different configs yet.

If you mean the build, it's the following:
ASUS P6T SE (X58)
Intel Core i7 920
24GB DDR3 @ 1600MHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Config.plist from EFI Partition.

Hereby my config.plist

EDIT: I boot with: darth=0 nv_disable=1 -v -f
Also i disable the nvidia inject through the options of Clover.

Try this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 285
It boots, but still no graphics. Should i delete nv_disable=1 from the bootflags (i guess it will never work with those flags, right?)

Of course. nv_disable=1 disables Nvidia drivers.

I just booted without nv_disable=1. It does not give a kernel panic (as far as i can see). After it starts the GUI the PC just reboots.

The good news: No kernel panic
The bad news: No GUI either.

May I also ask what you changed in the config?

I just booted without nv_disable=1. It does not give a kernel panic (as far as i can see). After it starts the GUI the PC just reboots.

The good news: No kernel panic
The bad news: No GUI either.

May I also ask what you changed in the config?

I changed (inject Nvidia) to False instead of True.

Thanks. Also I just swapped the GTX 260 with a GTX 285 (pulled it from another computer). It gives me the same result.

Do I need to install the WebDrivers for the graphics to work? On El Capitan this was not needed (it worked out of the box)

Thanks. Also I just swapped the GTX 260 with a GTX 285 (pulled it from another computer). It gives me the same result.

Do I need to install the WebDrivers for the graphics to work? On El Capitan this was not needed (it worked out of the box)

I had a GTX 285 awhile ago back in Mavericks days. It required (inject nvidia) True. Try the config I linked to you and just boot let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 285
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back