Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - PEG as Primary
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
Restart

No luck yet, I also don't have any onboard video with the 3930k, so that isn't an option in my BIOS, and then I can't get passed booting with the nv_disable=1, I just get a black screen and then the system reboots. Though, after trying to boot the partition for the first time in 9 months, I did discover that it currently has Mavericks version 10.10.10 installed (I thought it was at least running El Capitan, but guess I was mistaken) and not Sierra since I havent used it since that released. Is that going to be a problem for updating to Pascal? And if so, how can I update to Sierra without onboard video?

Thanks, brother!

And, what is the benefit of dual cards on macOS? SLI works? apps with cuda support detects dual cards? thanks :)
SLI doesn't work with OS X but yes, apps designed for it can use both cards to decrease rendering time in image editing, video editing, 3d modelling and CAD.

Hi everybody!

I just made it work and everything is ok but my monitor (Dell up 2715K) uses two DP to reach 5k resolution and now mac os is detecting it as a double QHD screen (my pointer gets lost in the left side). Does Anybody have any clue about this issue?

Thank you guys!

Solved. I just followed this post:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/63ldow/hackintosh_5k_build_up2715k/

Last edited:
I got everything working nice except audio. Headphones and speakers work fine , yet when i connect my TV over HDMI there is no sound output. It's not a big problem but getting it working would be nice.
Specs
  • Asus Z170 Pro gaming
  • i5 6500
  • MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 GAMING X
I used this setup as a guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-10-11-6-asus-z170-pro-gaming-i5-6500-760gtx.189372/ thanks @kristof.petho

I have the same issue, the OS does not detect any output and can't hear anything through the built-in monitor speakers. I use a DP cable BTW

No luck yet, I also don't have any onboard video with the 3930k, so that isn't an option in my BIOS, and then I can't get passed booting with the nv_disable=1, I just get a black screen and then the system reboots. Though, after trying to boot the partition for the first time in 9 months, I did discover that it currently has Mavericks version 10.10.10 installed (I thought it was at least running El Capitan, but guess I was mistaken) and not Sierra since I havent used it since that released. Is that going to be a problem for updating to Pascal? And if so, how can I update to Sierra without onboard video?

Thanks, brother!
I have your very same outcome: "I just get a black screen and then the system reboots"
But I have Sierra and I did all the steps as suggested. I have also an ATI Radeon HD5770 in my system since without that the boot hands on "waiting for root device". I tried everything for weeks to remove the ATI and make it boot without it with no luck so i left it inside my system. With my GTX 770 the system boots flawlessly.

Any help? :(:(:(

I'm using the new driver with Maxwell Titan X card. I don't notice any changes. Everything seems to be working as usual. I have a problem with my Dell 5K booting into 2560 x 1440 instead of 5120 x 2880, but that is easily fixed by reconnecting the DisplayPort cables. I had been able to boot directly into 5K before (maybe with an earlier Clover?).

I haven't tried audio yet. I don't think there's been any change to that. You probably still need to follow one of the HDMI audio guides, or try the HDMIAudio.kext. Even so, audio may not appear for some of the ports (and I don't think it works for the Dell 5K monitor because of the dual DisplayPort cables?). Looking at the HDA nodes, there are 4 connectors, and only 3 appear to work in Mac OS (DP1, DP2, HDMI). The other two only work in Windows (DVI, DP3). Windows can output audio from any of the 5 connectors (up to 4 displays). I don't know how that's possible if the HDA only knows about 4 connectors. Anyway, that's an issue for a different thread.

I haven't tried HDMI yet. I got kernel panics in previous driver versions when trying to connect a 4K HDMI 2.0 display. Windows can output a 4K 60Hz HDMI signal from both the HDMI connector and the DVI connector.

I haven't tried VGA yet. VGA works on a Nvidia 680 card in my Mac Pro 2008, but not on my Titan X in a Hackintosh with previous driver version. It works in Windows.

I'll have to try all that with my Titan X card (and also 1070 card) later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back