Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
this.insightful();

Agreed, this is why I believe the Mac Pro and Mini are long gone. Hence no pascal drivers since no PCIe in the near or (probably) far future for Apple.

iMac (even a so called Pro) would be a shiny AL desktop (Macbook Pro running on AC with 5k screen) is what they want to support.

Tim has been clear they don't make computers, they make experiences in the Apple ecosystem. With emojis.

That would benefit nobody. ECC RAM is there for a reason. Hence the Xeons.

What you want is for Apple to support your hardware and put macOS in the same market niche as Windows - which will never happen because it's not what they do and it's not how they market macOS. In fact, they don't market macOS - they market overpriced hardware in a shiny thin slim enclosure. ;-)

I have a 970 and a 1080... It just happened. But I only have one pc.

Is it possible to just use the 970 on hack and 1080 on win 10? I'm tired of waiting.
Yes. Same situation. Here is what I did. Both cards installed. HDMI from 970 to monitor. DP from 1080 to monitor. (ALSO: HDMI from 1080 to Vive or Rift) (Provided your monitor has both connections.) Bios set to boot on 970. If I want to boot in MacOS, I just normal reboot, and let clover do it's thing. If I'm going to boot to Windows I F12 at startup and choose my windows partition as the boot drive, hit go, and while it's loading, change my monitor input from HDMI to DP. Some button pushing, and I am sure there are more elegant solutions out there, but this works for me.
WRC

Who here is planning to sell their GTX 10xx cards for their Vega counterparts unless Nvidia gets their **** together ?

Not me. Waiting for WWDC to see what the next plan is for any new Hacks I plan to build.

Who here is planning to sell their GTX 10xx cards for their Vega counterparts unless Nvidia gets their **** together ?

Ive started plans to go to switch mode. Ordered DP switchers, got my 760 card (that will take two DP monitors). Now waiting on a 1080ti to be released and I'm on my way to Nvidia gaming in W10. I didn't want a 900 series as I didn't want to fluff with web drivers (and if they stop releasing them).

I just use macOS for general use/pdf/word etc.. Would have gone iGPU but cant sleep/wake properly. Will sell my 780's when it all comes together.

That would benefit nobody. ECC RAM is there for a reason. Hence the Xeons.

What you want is for Apple to support your hardware and put macOS in the same market niche as Windows - which will never happen because it's not what they do and it's not how they market macOS. In fact, they don't market macOS - they market overpriced hardware in a shiny thin slim enclosure. ;-)

They can definitely put in a Skylake-X or whatever the HEDT CPU is. DDR4 RAM costs less than ECC btw. And they need to stop using workstation GPUs. It's pointless when CUDA is still winnning. They don't sell the Mac Pro as a "Worksatation" device, they can consumerize it.

Hello, how do you disable the LED lights?

You have to take off the GPU shroud and be careful since there's an LED light cable in there. Open it up carefully and disconnect the LED cable with a plier. I disabled all the lights on my MOBO from the BIOS and heatsink via corsair software and wrote the "off" position to the firmware. So it's all dark inside, which is the way I like it.

I got 2x980 TI Hybrids and sold the 1080 FTW. Do it now and you won't regret it.

Who knows what'll happen next, no one knows with Apple.

this.insightful();

Tim has been clear they don't make computers, they make experiences in the Apple ecosystem. With emojis.

LOL. So true. I think I just died a little from laughter. Or maybe from the sadness at the future of Hackintoshes. Not sure....

Not me. Waiting for WWDC to see what the next plan is for any new Hacks I plan to build.

This honestly seems like the next time we'll know anything of significance. Until then I'll be content with my gtx970 on El Capitan. Honestly don't even see the reason in updating to Sierra for now.\

To be honest the only good thing from Sierra is the cloud integration. The rest is weak at best. However I'm backing off cloud now due to the state of Apple desktops so I can' even recommend that.

LOL. So true. I think I just died a little from laughter. Or maybe from the sadness at the future of Hackintoshes. Not sure....

This honestly seems like the next time we'll know anything of significance. Until then I'll be content with my gtx970 on El Capitan. Honestly don't even see the reason in updating to Sierra for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back