Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the release of CUDA seems to us that drivers are around the corner ...
CUDA 8 was released approx. just 2 weeks ago, that's still "around the corner" in my book. Just a few weeks ago some guys here also speculated that Nvidia won't bother with OSX anymore at all and I could even understand Nvidia if they had done so. We should be happy that the road doesn't end with Maxwell chips.

I'm pretty optimistic with Pascal drivers around the 10.12.1 release.

I think Maxwell drivers were out by this time of the year. Hopes are thinning out day by day!
I heard the drivers are ready but the CEO of Nvidia has put a personal block on it until you stop calling his company 'Ngreedia' :p

I think we're all going to commit suicide all at the same time if they don't release the Pascal drivers.

Any news for Nvidia Web Drivers for GTX 1070/1080? just installed my new GTX 1070 FE, so I am really excited about those drivers so I can use Sierra the right way :D

Any news for Nvidia Web Drivers for GTX 1070/1080? just installed my new GTX 1070 FE, so I am really excited about those drivers so I can use Sierra the right way :D
If there would be news, this thread wouldn't have 72 pages and ongoing. Everybody is waiting...

If there would be news, this thread wouldn't have 72 pages and ongoing. Everybody is waiting...
That´s true hehe, but thanks for the reply anyway :D

It's a very good news that Nvidia still ships Web drivers for Sierra for Quadro cards.
That means that they are not dropping out, at least for this generation, the Mac OS Web drivers.
So we just have to wait :D

NVIDIA driver releases seem to be every 2 months (based on previous release dates this year, excluding betas). So we will probably see a new major driver release in November. Cross fingers.

BTW I checked the latest driver package (367.15.10.05f01) and couldn't find any reference to Pascal (only GF/GK/GM100).

@espennk today I installed the 1070 with sierra . it only recognized 3 gb vram out of 8 gb. And later I got the classic 3 mb vram issue lol.

@Bardaxx how can we benefit from this ? Is it possible to use the latest clover and may be get the card detected properly ? :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back