Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a guide on how to set this up? I have GTX 1070 too, but I could live with using the iGPU of my 6700K until the drivers are released.
There's a lot of stuff about it earlier in this thread.

Basically you go into the BIOS and set the iGPU as the primary GPU. Then you need two cables into your monitor and some way of switching between them. My monitor has multiple inputs so I use DisplayPort for the 1080 and DVI for the onboard graphics. Some minor tweaking may be required, but Clover will start with the default iGPU every time, which the Mac will use, while Windows will automatically switch to the Nvidia card about halfway through booting.

I don't really understand why the drivers for Pascal still not come out yet, playing around with Arch Linux by the time.

Hope they came soon HD 530 have issue on sierra Glitch sleep issue ect ..

Come one nvidia !

What is the best way for me to do the dual card solution?

I have a GA-Z97X-UDH3 motherboard
Primary graphics card is a Nvidia 1080
Secondary graphics card is an EVGA GTX 970 4GB
Monitor is a 34" LG widescreen display (34UM95)

The problem is that my monitor only has 1 display port input. It also has HDMI input, but my understanding is HDMI can't run the 3440x1440 that is the native resolution of my monitor.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any other solution than manually switching cables?
2. Where can I order the graphics card power supply cables as I only have one pair that feeds either card right now?
3. Should there be any consideration as to which card is in which slot?

Is there a possibility of using the 1070/1080 but actually be using the integrated graphics card? I don´t need CUDA or graphics acceleration since most work I do in the hackintosh is on Sketch app, so most things are very low on processing. And other things that require more GPU power is photoshop/illustrator/indesign which the integrated card can handle easily.

Is there a possibility of using the 1070/1080 but actually be using the integrated graphics card? I don´t need CUDA or graphics acceleration since most work I do in the hackintosh is on Sketch app, so most things are very low on processing. And other things that require more GPU power is photoshop/illustrator/indesign which the integrated card can handle easily.

no, its either igpu for osx or 1080 in windows

no, its either igpu for osx or 1080 in windows

can you tell me the steps to follow to use the hd4000 igpu for osx and a gtx 1060 for windows?
I've already updated to Sierra with no problems

can you tell me the steps to follow to use the hd4000 igpu for osx and a gtx 1060 for windows?
I've already updated to Sierra with no problems

There's a bunch of posts in this thread from me and some others which explain how to make it work.

But basically:

Boot into OS X with display connected to iGPU (set BIOS to iGPU as primary).

If you want to use your GTX1060 in Windows, boot into Windows with iGPU connected. Then switch to GTX1060 via switching your cable to your GTX card.

If your monitor has 2 inputs, then you can use it as a "switch".

The reason to keep your iGPU always connected even when initially booting into Windows is because you want to see your Clover menu to select your boot partition. For me, if I don't use the iGPU to boot into Windows and leave the cable connected to the nVidia card, my screen stays black, so I boot with IGPU in Windows and then switch to my GTX1080 with a cheap $35 DisplayPort switch (my monitor is an Apple Cinema Display 27" so it has only 1 input).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back