Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there!
I've installed cuda driver 8.0.46, does it supports GTX 1080?
I've searched information about pascal support in this driver and found this:
http://textminingonline.com/dive-in...-1080-ubuntu16-04-cuda8-0-cudnn5-0-tensorflow
Does it means that now there is pascal support in this driver, even if I'm on El Capitan???
2016-09-30_12-02-03.png

Last edited:
Where did you find this CUDA driver? I can't see that version listed for macOS here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Also the current drivers (367.15.10.05f01) say this in the release notes:
CUDA driver which supports macOS Sierra 10.12 will be available at a later date.

I think they will update the drivers at the same time CUDA 8 for Mac is released. Hopefully with Pascal support, since the version number is so close to 368 which has Pascal support.

Cuda 8.0.47 for Mac with Pascal support are available here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads

hi guys.
my new gtx 1060 is here! first of all I'd like to say I'm quite impressed with the quality of the card,Gainward phoenix (backplate, just one 6pins power connector, very silent, 0db technology and great design)

now I'm trying to use it :D
my system has 2 ssds, one for Sierra and one for Windows 10.
first I just installed the card with no cable attached at the back. the system booted fine both on osx and on win using the hd4000 igpu. then I tried to connect the hdmi cable from the gtx 1060 to my tv (my monitor has only 1 vga and 1dvi). Nothing happened at all.
after a few steps I've come to what it seems to be a good situation. I've the gtx 1060 connected with dvi to my monitor. Under Windows I was able to correctly install it and update the drivers. it's all good.
Under osx I get 800x600 resolution and this screen:

this is what happens to everyone with a pascal card, isn't it?
now I would like to know how to go on. my goal is to use the hd4000 igpu under osx and the gtx 1060 with win (osx on monitor and windows on the tv if it's possible or by just switching the dvi cable).
I've heard I have to set the igpu as primary on bios and disable it under windows.

How do I do that?
my mobo is z77 ds3h and I'm using clover UEFI mode

thanks

ps
it's great to see the cuda driver for osx available!! I think the web drivers will be here soon!

I've heard I have to set the igpu as primary on bios and disable it under windows.

How do I do that?
In the BIOS, it's under the Peripherals heading. Internal Graphics enable/disable and Init Display First > IGFX.

In Windows, all I did was switch the monitor inputs so it was displaying the Nvidia card's desktop, then switch off the IGPU's desktop via the screen settings menu (right click on the desktop).

So, if I don't have any iGPU, no chances to run a hackos yet, right?
I have an old Geforce 6200LE, 256BM DX9. If I put on a PCI beside my 1070, will Sierra recognize it and run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back