Contribute
Register

[solved] No sound HDA Patcher help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the AppleHDA you're using is not a good match for the specifics of your audio codec.
what do you mean? like a different version? how would I know which version I need? I have the latest native one that came with 12.6
also it is worth noting that my microphone is working . I can see the meter move when I talk into it on systempreferences/sound.
also I read somewhere that maybe the popping sound is the sound card turning off. maybe due to idle after 30 seconds of inactivity.

what do you mean? like a different version? how would I know which version I need? I have the latest native one that came with 12.6
also it is worth noting that my microphone is working . I can see the meter move when I talk into it on systempreferences/sound.
also I read somewhere that maybe the popping sound is the sound card turning off. maybe due to idle after 30 seconds of inactivity.

You have Realtek ALC892 (according to your ioreg).
Desktop and laptop ALC892 are different.
It is possible you used files for desktop ALC892.
It is also possible whichever files you used don't actually match your codec (even different laptops can vary).

You have Realtek ALC892 (according to your ioreg).
Desktop and laptop ALC892 are different.
It is possible you used files for desktop ALC892.
It is also possible whichever files you used don't actually match your codec (even different laptops can vary).
I mean I used the applehda patcher and selected laptop so I don't know about the desktop theory. the files from that patcher where the only thing I used :/ . you are saying I need to patch my own without applehda patcher?

I mean I used the applehda patcher and selected laptop so I don't know about the desktop theory. the files from that patcher where the only thing I used :/ . you are saying I need to patch my own without applehda patcher?

You probably need to patch yourself (create the various XML files) or use a different set created by someone else.
AppleALC has quite a collection.

You probably need to patch yourself (create the various XML files) or use a different set created by someone else.
I don't know what happened but for what ever reason my sound works now. I didn't even do anything to it yet. I just just about to delete all my progress and install voodoohda again then I took a screen shot of something I needed and noticed the picture sound that happens when you take a screen shot. I don't even know.
maybe my kext cache wasn't rebuilt properly? I'm not even sure since I restarted and shutdown my laptop probably like 20 times and then all of a sudden it works now? beats me. anyways. solved

wait one second this is .. dang.. so I restarted my laptop and what do you know? the sound doesn't work...
I literally changed nothing...
(found out while typing this)
wait so I found out what I did differently. I closed my laptop. and then opened it again.
somehow that makes the sound work.
it probably is just suppose to work right off the back right? lol
the same trick once happened with the graphics where I wouldn't be able to see anything but a garbled up screen until I closed and opened my laptop.
now it seems like its the same trick but for sound.
know anything about this rehab man?

wait one second this is .. dang.. so I restarted my laptop and what do you know? the sound doesn't work...
I literally changed nothing...
(found out while typing this)
wait so I found out what I did differently. I closed my laptop. and then opened it again.
somehow that makes the sound work.
it probably is just suppose to work right off the back right? lol
the same trick once happened with the graphics where I wouldn't be able to see anything but a garbled up screen until I closed and opened my laptop.
now it seems like its the same trick but for sound.
know anything about this rehab man?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Archive 5.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 86

It might have to do with the patch codec you're using (ALC885... eg you're patching ALC885 for ALC892).

You might try patching a different codec. For example 0x11d41984:
Code:
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDA</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Expect 2 matches; 0x11d41984 to 0x10ec0892</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>hBnUEQ==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>kgjsEA==</data>
            </dict>
        </array>

But I think more likely it is an EAPD problem. You should look at the CodecCommander logs (kernel logs) to see if fixing EAPD on startup. It might be excluded for ALC892 (as it is usually a desktop codec, which doesn't usually have EAPD).

You can customize the settings for CodecCommander with ACPI. Refer to the SSDT examples in my CodecCommander github.

It might have to do with the patch codec you're using (ALC885... eg you're patching ALC885 for ALC892).

You might try patching a different codec. For example 0x11d41984:
Code:
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDA</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Expect 2 matches; 0x11d41984 to 0x10ec0892</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>hBnUEQ==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>kgjsEA==</data>
            </dict>
        </array>

But I think more likely it is an EAPD problem. You should look at the CodecCommander logs (kernel logs) to see if fixing EAPD on startup. It might be excluded for ALC892 (as it is usually a desktop codec, which doesn't usually have EAPD).

You can customize the settings for CodecCommander with ACPI. Refer to the SSDT examples in my CodecCommander github.
how would I look at the codecommander logs?
and so you are saying if it is a EAPD problem (most likely I think too) then I will need to create a custom ssdt for myself for ALC892 and load it from my ACPI/Patched folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back