Motherboard
micro-star MS-16GF (clover)
CPU
intel core i7-4710hq/chipset: intel, haswell rev. 06
Graphics
nvidia gtx860M, intel integrated graphics 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
please help. I tried to patch my sound with applehda patcher tool and it did not work :/
history : I tried patching it before and I don't think it worked then I undid everything I did and installed voodoohda but then voodoo didn't work. but then after my laptop died, the next day when I rebooted it voodoo was working even though I had previously rebooted it a couple times prior. (? I don't know why )
now I since I wanted to get proper applehda patch I undid the voodoo and attempted to do the applehda patch again and now the audio still doesn't work. please help.

(also worth noting I don't know what I did different but when I first tried the applehda patcher in the end result I had a couple of options in my sound output setting. like an option for headphones but with this new try on applehda patch I only have digital out, internal speaker, and line out. so I don't know what I did differently to get different results in that aspect)

Attachments

• Archive 3.zip
    18 MB · Views: 107
please help. I tried to patch my sound with applehda patcher tool and it did not work :/
history : I tried patching it before and I don't think it worked then I undid everything I did and installed voodoohda but then voodoo didn't work. but then after my laptop died, the next day when I rebooted it voodoo was working even though I had previously rebooted it a couple times prior. (? I don't know why )
now I since I wanted to get proper applehda patch I undid the voodoo and attempted to do the applehda patch again and now the audio still doesn't work. please help.

(also worth noting I don't know what I did different but when I first tried the applehda patcher in the end result I had a couple of options in my sound output setting. like an option for headphones but with this new try on applehda patch I only have digital out, internal speaker, and line out. so I don't know what I did differently to get different results in that aspect)

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

hello rehab man I did attach problem reporting files.

The files you attached were not collected according to "Problem Reporting".
The resulting ZIP should be much smaller than 18mb.
I assume you didn't read it, and that's why you provided files not requested.
Make sure you read it carefully.

The files you attached were not collected according to "Problem Reporting".
The resulting ZIP should be much smaller than 18mb.
I assume you didn't read it, and that's why you provided files not requested.
Make sure you read it carefully.
oh sorry, here you go

Attachments

• Archive 4.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 93

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 99
Your ioreg shows audio is working.
What is the specific issue?

really? wow. but now that I think about it I guess it should work? here is why. when I turn on my computer there is a pop from my laptops speakers. so something must work for it to access the ability to pop my speakers right?
and really just no audio. I have the little audio icon on the top bar but nothing comes out when I do anything audio related( like watch a video or play a song)

maybe the pop has something to do with it? when it pops the song won't work even when I reboot to a linux usb flash drive. it only starts to work after my battery dies. then when I boot back into the linux usb I can hear sound.

but when I boot into macOS still no sound :/

really? wow. but now that I think about it I guess it should work? here is why. when I turn on my computer there is a pop from my laptops speakers. so something must work for it to access the ability to pop my speakers right?
and really just no audio. I have the little audio icon on the top bar but nothing comes out when I do anything audio related( like watch a video or play a song)

maybe the pop has something to do with it? when it pops the song won't work even when I reboot to a linux usb flash drive. it only starts to work after my battery dies. then when I boot back into the linux usb I can hear sound.

but when I boot into macOS still no sound :/

Probably the AppleHDA you're using is not a good match for the specifics of your audio codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back