Contribute
Register

[solved] No audio with Realtek alc269

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman,

The term WAF is good! It brings up another point with this Thinkpad. Actually she loves the trackoint on a Thinkpad. She has been using Thinkpads with Windows for years. It is because of this that I worked on hackintoshing a Lenovo Twist.

I am now finding out, as I am using the machine to set it up (antivirus, parallels, windows etc.), that the trackpoint motion is jerky. It works but the motion is jerky.The trackpoint is,of course, unique to Thinkpads. Do you know of any solution to this issue?

I don't have any hardware with the trackpoint... I used to be a fan of the "red nub", but have since given up on the Thinkpads due to their 1990s design...

But if you're using my driver, the code is open, so if you have some C++ experience you can modify the code to suit your needs.

By the way I also had an unfinished Asus Vivobook with battery, audio and HDMI audio issues. Having gone through the Lenovo with you, it took me about an hour to get the Vivobook going with DSDT and config.plist fixes. It is also done. This really was a piece of cake after gaining the knowledge on the Lenovo.

You really have done a lot to making the hackintoshing process as cut & dried as possible. A million thanks for that.

Yes, once you understand the concepts, each new laptop project is somewhat similar...

No audio with Realtek alc269

I finally found a site that solved my ALC 269 AppleHDA.kext need. You will likely also need to apply Rehabman's Layout ID and IRQ fix to your DSDT. Also, you need to first do a linux codec dump (I created a bootable USB with Ubuntu; mac instructions available on their website). My codec was ALC 271x even though my audio chip is ALC 269. Anyway, I was able to get full sound working, including internal mic and headphone jack. Good luck. BTW, I am not sure if referring to another hackintosh site is ok on tonymac. If not, sorry (I did check the rules).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/#entry2027485

You save my day Sir!
Thanks A Lot

The link is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back