Contribute
Register

[solved] No audio with Realtek alc269

Status
Not open for further replies.
No audio with Realtek alc269

Rehabman,

Success! I now have sound after installing the sound kext in S/L/E. Both the kexts work. I only need to check the HDMI output for which I need to get an adapter cable. The internal mike, internal speakers and the headphone output work.

Thanks,

Srini

No audio with Realtek alc269

Great. Marking [solved].

I was under the impression that using clover allowed one to upgrade the OS using the Apple updates and nothing else needed to be done. I guess this is not true.

You can use Clover hotpatches, and an AppleHDA injector (so-called "dummy" kext, still installed to /S/L/E) along with vanilla AppleHDA. Audio will then survive updates.

Rehabman,

Just checked HDMI audio by connecting to a Toshiba large screen TV. I have video but no audio.

I have been going through all the Toleda material. All his stuff seems to require a layout ID of 3 for patched kexts. I have a layout ID of 1 for my patched AppleHDA kext for the ALC 269.

Any suggestions on what I need to do next given that everything is working except for HDMI audio?

Thanks,

Srini

Rehabman,

Just checked HDMI audio by connecting to a Toshiba large screen TV. I have video but no audio.

I have been going through all the Toleda material. All his stuff seems to require a layout ID of 3 for patched kexts. I have a layout ID of 1 for my patched AppleHDA kext for the ALC 269.

Any suggestions on what I need to do next given that everything is working except for HDMI audio?

Thanks,

Srini

Read the FAQ n

Rehabman,

Can you give me a link to this FAQ?
Thanks,

Srini

Rehabman,

Can you give me a link to this FAQ?
Thanks,

Srini

It is one of the sticky posts in this forum. If it were a snake, it'd bite you.

Rehabman,

Thanks for the tip. By the way, I should not be afraid of snakes. My last name (Indian) stands for "God of snakes"!!!!!!!LOL

Now the questions

1. I sent you an IOreg. Any chance you can tell me the port that my HDMI is connected to???Otherwise I will just try enabling all three one after the other.
2. I have obviously patched my AppleHDA
3. How do I inject "had-gfx"="onboard-1" into the DSDT? I assume Maciasl won't do it.......

Thanks,

Srini

Rehabman,

Thanks for the tip. By the way, I should not be afraid of snakes. My last name (Indian) stands for "God of snakes"!!!!!!!LOL

Now the questions

1. I sent you an IOreg. Any chance you can tell me the port that my HDMI is connected to???Otherwise I will just try enabling all three one after the other.
2. I have obviously patched my AppleHDA
3. How do I inject "had-gfx"="onboard-1" into the DSDT? I assume Maciasl won't do it.......

Thanks,

Srini

1. No HDMI monitor is plugged in when the last ioreg was captured.
2. yes
3. "hda-gfx" is already injected on HDEF, but not on IGPU. Apply "HD4000 High Resolution" or "HD4000 Low Resolution" as appropriate. Amongst other things, that patch has "hda-gfx"="onboard-1".

Rehabman,

I tried the three kexts with the different ports. Could not get HDMI audio, unfortunately.

I am attaching an IOreg with HDMI Monitor connected. Maybe you can make sense out of this an let me know what is happening.

I need to learn to understand IOReg........

Srini

Attachments

• Irmi’s MacBook Pro with HDMI.zip
    413.3 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back