Contribute
Register

[solved] No audio with Realtek alc269

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman,

I tried the three kexts with the different ports. Could not get HDMI audio, unfortunately.

I am attaching an IOreg with HDMI Monitor connected. Maybe you can make sense out of this an let me know what is happening.

I need to learn to understand IOReg........

Srini

Only the last connector, framebuffer@3, is patched for HDMI. Your display is on the second connector (first external), framebuffer@1. You need to enable the patch for it.

Rehabman,

Just want to clarify. When you say only Framebuffer@3 is patched you mean the connector value has been changed from 04 00 to
08 00. Correct?

I had only applied one of the three patches in your config.plist. I applied all three and found that now frame buffer@2 was also showing 08 00.

However I was not able to patch frame buffer@1 with any of the three patches.

I am attaching another IOreg after applying all the three patches.....

What do you suggest?

By the way, you must be an infinitely patient person to help us all like this.

Thanks,

Srini

Attachments

• Irmi’s MacBook Pro with HDMI 2.zip
    413.8 KB · Views: 140
Rehabman,

Just want to clarify. When you say only Framebuffer@3 is patched you mean the connector value has been changed from 04 00 to
08 00. Correct?

Yes.

I had only applied one of the three patches in your config.plist. I applied all three and found that now frame buffer@2 was also showing 08 00.

However I was not able to patch frame buffer@1 with any of the three patches.

No idea without seeing config.plist.

Rehabman,

Here is the config.plist I am using.

Thanks,

Srini

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 313
Rehabman,

I fixed the 0205 problem. Sorry I had to trouble you. I should have found this myself. it stared me in the face when you pointed it out. Now I have HDMI audio. Great !!!

I am pretty much done with this Lenovo Twist. I am running 10.10.5. Everything works with the exception of Built in wifi and Bluetooth. I tried changing the wifi card but this laptop has a white list and would not accept it. I don't want to screw around with the BIOS. I am therefore using a USB wifi dongle. Can also use a bluetooth dongle. This gives me BT and wifi.

This thing also has a touchscreen, which seems to be working. I haven't quite used it to see how it can help.

Until now, I have been making all my changes to Clover using the USB stick. I now need to move the EFI folder from the USB stick to the EFI partition on my hard disc so it will boot without the USB key. This will complete the project.

Any words of wisdom for me here???

Thanks,

Srini

Until now, I have been making all my changes to Clover using the USB stick. I now need to move the EFI folder from the USB stick to the EFI partition on my hard disc so it will boot without the USB key. This will complete the project.

Any words of wisdom for me here???

For what? Copying files can be accomplished in the Finder.

Rehabman,

I am done! Thanks a bunch for your help. The machine is booting by itself.

This machine is for my wife who runs windows now. I have installed Parallels and will run Windows 7 in a VM. Using PC mover I can move her entire machine into the Windows setup. This makes her transition easier. She has all her old stuff and can start getting used to the Mac.

Thanks again,

Srini

Rehabman,

I am done! Thanks a bunch for your help. The machine is booting by itself.

This machine is for my wife who runs windows now. I have installed Parallels and will run Windows 7 in a VM. Using PC mover I can move her entire machine into the Windows setup. This makes her transition easier. She has all her old stuff and can start getting used to the Mac.

Thanks again,

Srini

OK. Good luck with all that (WAF... wife acceptance factor...).

Rehabman,

The term WAF is good! It brings up another point with this Thinkpad. Actually she loves the trackoint on a Thinkpad. She has been using Thinkpads with Windows for years. It is because of this that I worked on hackintoshing a Lenovo Twist.

I am now finding out, as I am using the machine to set it up (antivirus, parallels, windows etc.), that the trackpoint motion is jerky. It works but the motion is jerky.The trackpoint is,of course, unique to Thinkpads. Do you know of any solution to this issue?

By the way I also had an unfinished Asus Vivobook with battery, audio and HDMI audio issues. Having gone through the Lenovo with you, it took me about an hour to get the Vivobook going with DSDT and config.plist fixes. It is also done. This really was a piece of cake after gaining the knowledge on the Lenovo.

You really have done a lot to making the hackintoshing process as cut & dried as possible. A million thanks for that.

Srini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back