Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] My GPU has suddenly stopped working after I moved. Weirdest issue I've ever dealt with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for stating the obvious but you have checked/connected the power cable from the PSU haven't you ?
(Both ends if it is modular)
I have indeed. I thought it might be the power supply but another card works in mine that requires both of the 6 pin connectors as well and that is having no issues. Unless there would be a difference there?

Another update:

I tried updating the BIOS and there was no change.

I bought a new GPU and tried that and there was no change.

Then just now I installed a new PSU going from 600W to 850W and nothing changed.

It seems to me I just have to keep installing new components until I fix the issue. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Another update:

I tried updating the BIOS and there was no change.

I bought a new GPU and tried that and there was no change.

Then just now I installed a new PSU going from 600W to 850W and nothing changed.

It seems to me I just have to keep installing new components until I fix the issue. Does anyone have any other ideas?
At this point it seems like you should just try a new mobo. Did the 670 work for you in OSX?

At this point it seems like you should just try a new mobo. Did the 670 work for you in OSX?
Yes it did. And I'm halfway there already. I bought a new one so pretty much just a new computer build at this point. Bummer though, I didn't plan on upgrading this early

The problem must have been a faulty PCI slot. something must have rubbed the wrong way after my move and broke. My only fix was to get a new motherboard for this issue. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back