Xeon E3-1230 V3
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.

Recently I had some issues after plunging in a HDD to reveal its content in OS X, Clover crashed and no bootable drive was detected. After a few clean installs I eventually managed to install Yosemite and boot from Clover again.

The issue is known, OS X reboots instead of shutdown. I tried all I could google: Fix Shutdown, Halt Enabler, Fixes for USB, Airport, Fire wire, Darwin in ACPI settings in clover.

I also updated BIOS and after noticing it has no effect, I removed the CMOS battery, I also cut off power to the PSU with the switch as well as pulling the power plug (After using power button to power down manually).

I also tested install NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and without one, no improvement.

Patching SSDT didn't help either and eventually I ran into problems.

What I didn't try still is: Changing ResetAdress and ResetValue and removing the Apple CPU power management kext, but I come to a sad conclusion, that it may be my PSU, which wasn't the most expensive one and it probably doesn't send correct values, so the CPU cannot change to reset state.

Any other thoughts.

My build:
MSI B85M-E45
Intel Core i3
16 GB RAM
EVGA Geforce GT 740
Seagate SSHD
Samsung DVD burner
WD MyBook Studio USB3 drive

I plug quite a lot stuff via USB if it matters

Any other thoughts
Some users reported:
- In Gigabyte bios enable "ErP" fixes the problem
- After Disabling "Platform Power Management" within Bios shutdown works again
I plug quite a lot stuff via USB if it matters
Did you try to remove all the stuff and only keep your keyboard and mouse plugged in?

Some users reported:
- In Gigabyte bios enable "ErP" fixes the problem
- After Disabling "Platform Power Management" within Bios shutdown works again

Did you try to remove all the stuff and only keep your keyboard and mouse plugged in?

Thanks a lot for your reply. I finally managed on my own with using only new patches in APCI, checking Halt Enebler and booting with NPCIx200 Flag, now only sleep doesn't work, so for now I just don't use it as I didn't in my old Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back