Acer Aspire V3-572G-5885 Notebook
CPU
i5-4210U
Graphics
HD 4400+GT 820M 1366 x 768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.
I have installed vanilla Mac OS X Sierra on the disc where I also have my Windows 10, Ubuntu and another Mac OS installed (each on a different partition of course). Everything works fine, except that when I boot to Windows and then disconnect my laptop from the charger, it randomly hibernates (the battery led flashes, telling that the battery percentage is too low and the laptop hibernated). The thing is that the battery is almost fully charged (Windows shows the correct battery percentage).

It is woth to add that it hibernates pretty quickly, e.g. when the laptop is unplugged when fully charged, it hibernates at 80% battery left. But it is quite random anyways.

What do I have to do to sovle the problem?

Thanks.

Hello.
I have installed vanilla Mac OS X Sierra on the disc where I also have my Windows 10, Ubuntu and another Mac OS installed (each on a different partition of course). Everything works fine, except that when I boot to Windows and then disconnect my laptop from the charger, it randomly hibernates (the battery led flashes, telling that the battery percentage is too low and the laptop hibernated). The thing is that the battery is almost fully charged (Windows shows the correct battery percentage).

It is woth to add that it hibernates pretty quickly, e.g. when the laptop is unplugged when fully charged, it hibernates at 80% battery left. But it is quite random anyways.

What do I have to do to sovle the problem?

Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Thanks for the reply.
I think that I fixed the problem. I unplugged my laptop from the charger, pulled out the battery, pressed the power button, put back the battery and it was working normally again.
If the problem would occur again, I will try your battery kexts or DSDT patches (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver).

Hi, I am posting this as someone might face the same issue. The battery problem came back couple days after I performed the EC reset. I did manage to solve it just by recalibrating the battery. It is worth to note, that yours does not necessarily have to be old to experience such problems. Apparently it has been decalibrated, which was a result of many sudden power offs I had done on my laptop during the not-so-easy and time consuming installation process, in order to save some time forcing it to shut down instantly by holding the power button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back