Contribute
Register

[Solved] kernel_task high CPU after 15 mins of idle time

Status
Not open for further replies.
@margaret93, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Check here:
/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist
This really worked for me!!! Thanks a bunch!!! You are a true life saver!!! Up until I did this the kernel_task was sucking up 17.8 gb of my 40 gb. Now it only uses 1.9 gb and free up 19 gb ram. I am using macOS High Sierra 10.3.2. Just go to this folder and delete this file. My hack was very choppy and slow until I did this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 9.40.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 9.40.01 PM.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Thank you. Finally what solved the problem was deleting com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist :)

Nice! I have been struggling with this annoying problem for months. Deleting that file helped. Thanks!

hi, i have same problems, but in directory"/System/Library/LaunchAgents/" there is no this file "com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist" Please help me

I believe that removing /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist just hides the problem away. What I found after hundreds experiments is that the problem on my computer was actually caused by SSD TRIM. I have an Intel NVMe 500Gb HDD, and disabling TRIM worked for me.

sudo trimforce disable

Finally no more reboots to clear this. I removed com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist and so far so good.:headbang: I can't believe I didn't check the forums sooner. :banghead:

I'm having this same maddening problem. Weird thing is that my Hackintosh did not have this problem at first -- not for several days of use. What seemed (I emphasise seemed) to trigger it was dual-booting into Win10 and leaving that running for a couple of days before switching back to Mojave. I swear I did not change anything about Mojave after struggling my way to a stable system.

So for quite a while -- two weeks, maybe more -- I had no problem sleeping and waking the Hackintosh running Mojave. Everything working great.

Then one day, rebooted into Mojave after running Win10 a couple of days. After that, sleep now disables the machine. Mouse lagging, even video glitches (momentary black screens) and kernel_task eating 70-80% of CPU continuously.

I tried deleting the infamous plist file but sorry to report it has had no effect.

If I reboot, all is well. So basically, I've been rebooting every time I return to a sleeping Mojave. Machine is not usable with this lagginess. But sleep/wake was working perfectly just a few days ago! Could Win10 have changed something about my mobo or video card?

Hi, I can found the file, but I can't delete it. Even when I boot from other drive. How can I delete it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back