CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I'm experiencing very strange problem on my Hackintosh under Sierra 10.12.4. Everything works great and very fast, but if I leave my computer for 15-20 minutes (with/without screensaver, display on/off, tried any combination) and come back after it performing super glitchy and slow, kernel_task in Activity Monitor shows somewhere around 100% for 10-15 seconds and after that computer again working super fast and fluid. It happens 100% after 10-15 minutes of idle time. If I leave Activity Monitor open after 15 minutes I see that kernel_task is only 5-7%, but as soon as I try to move the mouse or do something it skyrocket to 100% for 10 seconds, everything starts to be super slow and come back in normal state after these 10-15 seconds.

I disabled all the power-saving features (ticked 'Prevent computer for sleep', 'Wake for Ethernet access' and 'Enable Power Nap' in Energy Saver), double checked my BIOS settings:
VT-d > Disabled
IOAPIC 24-119 > Disabled
Legacy USB support > Auto
XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
Power on PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
Fast boot > Disabled
OS Type > Other OS
Hyperthreading, Speedstep and C-States > Auto (tried to enable and disable these - problem remains the same).

In MultiBeast I installed:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > 100/200 Series Audio
(Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
(Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
(Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit

I downloaded SSDT.aml for i7-6700 and put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

I installed latest Nvidia Drivers (05f02). My monitor (Samsung 34" UltraWide) connected via DVI.

My config:
ASUS z170 Pro
i7-6700
Samsung SATA SSD's x5
MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming
External USB soundcard (RME Fireface UFX)

SMBIOS - iMac 14,2 (tried 17,1 - problem still exist). Clover arguments: -darkwake=0, dart=0
In ACPI there is patch (Rename HDAS to HDEF) and FixShutdown_0004 ticked (if I not tick this computer will restart instead of shutdown when this option is selected).

I installed Sierra following this guide and everything went smooth. I attached my config.plist file to this message. Please, if you know how to solve this problem - help me :) It's only one thing that is not working and driving me crazy :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 393
Where can I find the com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist file? I did not see it in my S/L/E. I appreciate if you can help.

Where can I find the com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist file? I did not see it in my S/L/E. I appreciate if you can help.

Check here:
/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

Thanks! I deleted the file and at least had successful reboot. Will report back if this remedied the issue or not.

Thank you for this post!!
I've troubled this for 7 months.
Just today, solved!

Thank you so much! it also resolved it for me. I also have a GTX 980Ti, maybe that's related?

Anyways, thank you for posting.

Glad that helped :) I tried it with GTX 960 too and experienced same problem, so I suppose it's not GTX980Ti related. I think it's because some video files from other devices (not iPhones) with different/strange codecs that apple can't index. You can delete all of your videos from the iCloud library and see for yourself, I guess the problem will gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back