Contribute
Register

[Solved] kernel_task high CPU after 15 mins of idle time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: After 24 hours. This TOTALLY solved my lagging issues! I have an identical build at home with a different GFX card. It did NOT have the file com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist in its system. It also behaves.

Deleting this helped me too! Thank you.
/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

I run Adobe CS apps, video edit and print production.
I also have WindowsServer running amuck

Last edited:
I deleted the mediaanalysisd.plist file and the issue solved for few minutes and then returned again. Any suggestions?

Hii!! I'm new and beginner and I would like to know how to delete the com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist file.
Because I can't do it just pressing delete. Should I restart my mac in recovery mode or something?
Thanks!! I would really appreciate you or someone could help me!

I would really appreciate you or someone could help me!
In Finder Go to Folder /System/Library/LaunchAgents/ and then drag com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist to the Trash.
Empty the Trash and restart.

In Finder Go to Folder /System/Library/LaunchAgents/ and then drag com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist to the Trash.
Empty the Trash and restart.

It didn't work :( There is a messages that doesn't allow me to do that because "is important for macOS". Do you know other way? Thanks!!!

It didn't work :( There is a messages that doesn't allow me to do that because "is important for macOS". Do you know other way? Thanks!!!
See this post.

Don't know if it worked. I'm not very used to the terminal :/

I got:

sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist
override rw-r--r-- root/wheel restricted,compressed for /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back