Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kernel panic after changing gpu to gtx 1060 please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
INTEL I5 3.39
Graphics
GTX 1060 (6GB)
Hello!

I had a working Sierra hackintosh (all perfect working) with an old 660 gpu, yesterday I changed it to a gtx1060 (6gb) and since then I can't boot unless is -x (safe boot), I installed the drivers for my build OSX Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1510), tried solutions I read here, and every time comes this (see screenshot) don't know what else to do.

I already tried a brand new Sierra installation... still the same kernel panic.

hope somebody can help me.

THX.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 168
Hello!

I had a working Sierra hackintosh (all perfect working) with an old 660 gpu, yesterday I changed it to a gtx1060 (6gb) and since then I can't boot unless is -x (safe boot), I installed the drivers for my build OSX Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1510), tried solutions I read here, and every time comes this (see screenshot) don't know what else to do.

I already tried a brand new Sierra installation... still the same kernel panic.

hope somebody can help me.

THX.
Lilu.kext is old and needs to be updated.
Boot with -liluoff.

Lilu.kext is old and needs to be updated.
Boot with -liluoff.
first of all Thank you for your quick reply!!!, I updated lilu.kext and now the only difference is that in "os version" now I can see my build (16G1510) and now it says panic cpu 3 instead of 2.... but same panic.. won't boot

I updated lilu.kext and now the only difference is that in "os version" now I can see my build (16G1510) and now it says panic cpu 3 instead of 2.... but same panic.. won't boot

Lilu.png

If it is as you say the same panic, which version of Lilu.kext is it showing ?

its really not the same panic, sorry, but it still won't boot
MultiBeast 9 said:
*Please Note:
The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot

You sir are a savior!!!! sorry for my noob-ness I have now all working perfect (at least it appears so..) is there an app or software that updates kext to the latest?

once again THANK YOU!!!

Not sure which kext you are referring to.
All needed kext that are installed like lilu, or maybe the audio-fix, wifi fix, etc. like a kext updater tool, is there any??

All needed kext that are installed like lilu, or maybe the audio-fix, wifi fix, etc. like a kext updater tool, is there any??
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back