Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Installed macOS, Installed WebDrivers but graphics still have glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel i5 6500
Graphics
RADEON RX 5700 8G
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I installed macOS Sierra, the installation was fine minus a few hiccups.

I have the following setup:

- Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
- Intel i5 6500
- NVIDIA Strix GTX 960 2GB

Finder Finder, Today at 17.14.50.png

After installing the WebDrivers and enabling the web drivers using the new clover method:

Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

I would assume that I should see a proper description of the graphics card as well as the right amount of VRAM. Please let me know if I need to provide some more information about my setup or any of the other methods I have tried - I feel like I am close as after this is resolved I just need to look at audio.

I have also attached my config.plist incase this has some clues.

I massively appreciate any help given. Thanks.

EDIT:

Got it working by installing EMU and scripts to RC from this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Hi,

I installed macOS Sierra, the installation was fine minus a few hiccups.

I have the following setup:

- Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
- Intel i5 6500
- NVIDIA Strix GTX 960 2GB

View attachment 212092

After installing the WebDrivers and enabling the web drivers using the new clover method:

Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

I would assume that I should see a proper description of the graphics card as well as the right amount of VRAM. Please let me know if I need to provide some more information about my setup or any of the other methods I have tried - I feel like I am close as after this is resolved I just need to look at audio.

I have also attached my config.plist incase this has some clues.

I massively appreciate any help given. Thanks.

At a quick glance I don't see anything really out of place but neither of the boot arguments you have do anything with Clover.

I think I upload the wrong config.plist (I was trying anything!) - I have no boot arguments apart from dart=0 anymore - I have got my SMBIOS set to iMac 14,2.

Update: Got it working, Installed NVIDIA web drivers, enabled the new Sierra clover option and followed the last step in slim.jim's tutorial.

It was a long day, now I just have audio to resolve. I would be happy to help anyone if they come across the same problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back