Contribute
Register

[Solved] Install drive won't show in clover menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I realize from the uploaded images your UEFI USB installer disk is a "No Show" at CBM screen.
    • This can occur if the macOS High Sierra USB Installer is made with current Unibeast as reported by a few with a troubleshoot provided for that as in #4
    • This can also occur if the BIOS is not set properly.
  • I don't have Asus Motherboard to say for sure how a UEFI boot disk has to be setup with the right menu.
  • In the image , I saw a UEFI "Kingston DataTraveler 3.0", presumably your USB installer but the caption shows "Boot Mode is set to Legacy". [See edited image]
    • Is there an option to set Boot Mode as UEFI?
    • Is there an option to set Boot Devices Control as UEFI ?
    • Boot from Storage Devices as UEFI Only?
I'm sorry for that lazy picture. I don't know if it is possible to set the default boot mode to UEFI, but I can boot as UEFI on the laptop when I use custom boot. However on the PC I just found out something interesting. I downloaded OS X Yosemite from my "purchased" on apple store, and tried to make a bootable USB using Unibeast 6.2. It worked, and I plugged it into the computer. I was able to see the installer in the clover menu, and start the installer. Right as of this moment I am at install. It seems unibeast is not functioning with the latest OS X 10.13.4, I know it works with 10.13.3 as I was able to install it earlier. I have made no BIOS change or other change. Seems like Unibeast needs to be patched? Thank you for helping btw

Attachments

• IMG_20180401_164425.jpg
    IMG_20180401_164425.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
Any Idea when Unibeast is gonna be updated to 8.3?

See UniBeast 8.2 and macOS 10.13.4 Workaround

There is also a fix in Clover r4420
r4420 - cleanup and fix 10.13.4 USB installer issue and OS version detection issue
See https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/commit_browser
Thank you. Now I was able to boot the installer however after a bit of loading a circle with a slash in it showed up on the screen (see attached files) and nothing happened after I had waited for a while. So I booted my Yosemite OS that I had installed when I couldn't install 10.13.4, and opened the Mac OS X High Sierra install from a usb on there instead. Installer opened with a GUI and I was able to go ahead and upgrade. Thanks for the help though, this got me far. I guess this thread can be marked as solved.

Attachments

• mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png
    mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back