Contribute
Register

[solved] HP Probook 4540s - Clover and Sierra errors, "+" and then boot loop (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4540s
CPU
Intel Core i3 3110M 2.40GHz
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

Sorry I couldn't provide more of an inquisitive and interesting title.

I'm *trying* to install Sierra on my Probook 4540s (Specs to the left), I've read guides by 'RehabMan' and watched YouTube videos to the inch, in terms of detail.

When the time comes to boot into Clover, it works fine, I read the guide to reset bios, use UEFI, it boots into clover perfectly, but when I boot into the Sierra Install Disk, I get the following lines of text: (I'm not clued up so they mean little to me)

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And after around 5 seconds, it will confidently cycle into a 'boot loop' into clover.

I did the logical thing and read the google results, the things fixed for other people, I've tried:

• Change OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv as suggested.
  • I used the correct Config.plist made by RehabMan (Intel 4000, 1366x768) and a fresh one just in case
  • I used a "HP Laptops" .zip from the YouTube tutorial from "Mac Mans Productions" (I used his video guide from El Capitan last year and it worked flawlessly, but not for Sierra apparently (They use the guides from the Probook El Capitan guide from 'RehabMan''s repository, just scaled down and easier to find.
  • I removed and replaced "VBoxHfs-64.efi" with a recommended file, can't remember the name, sorry.
  • I added the FakeSMC from this forum and 'RehabMan''s repo again.
  • Used 2 different USB sticks, 1x 2GB 2.0 stick, 1x 4GB 2.0 stick, all in different ports.
  • Used 2 different SATA injectors (Of which I can't recall the names of as I've tried and formatted a multitude of times)
  • Browsed through various Hackintosh sites, this website for similar issues, subreddits for countless hours, if there is a known solution, I've tried, they haven't worked.
Even following the current El Capitan guides held no luck for me. I'm simply stuck with those pesky 3 lines of text.

I can upload anything from the different USB files.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening, or what I'm doing wrong (It's probably the latter :/ )

(I've read the install guides to a precise measurement, unless I'm missing something, I can't find missed step in there)

- Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Sorry I couldn't provide more of an inquisitive and interesting title.

I'm *trying* to install Sierra on my Probook 4540s (Specs to the left), I've read guides by 'RehabMan' and watched YouTube videos to the inch, in terms of detail.

When the time comes to boot into Clover, it works fine, I read the guide to reset bios, use UEFI, it boots into clover perfectly, but when I boot into the Sierra Install Disk, I get the following lines of text: (I'm not clued up so they mean little to me)

And after around 5 seconds, it will confidently cycle into a 'boot loop' into clover.

I did the logical thing and read the google results, the things fixed for other people, I've tried:

• Change OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv as suggested.
  • I used the correct Config.plist made by RehabMan (Intel 4000, 1366x768) and a fresh one just in case
  • I used a "HP Laptops" .zip from the YouTube tutorial from "Mac Mans Productions" (I used his video guide from El Capitan last year and it worked flawlessly, but not for Sierra apparently (They use the guides from the Probook El Capitan guide from 'RehabMan''s repository, just scaled down and easier to find.
  • I removed and replaced "VBoxHfs-64.efi" with a recommended file, can't remember the name, sorry.
  • I added the FakeSMC from this forum and 'RehabMan''s repo again.
  • Used 2 different USB sticks, 1x 2GB 2.0 stick, 1x 4GB 2.0 stick, all in different ports.
  • Used 2 different SATA injectors (Of which I can't recall the names of as I've tried and formatted a multitude of times)
  • Browsed through various Hackintosh sites, this website for similar issues, subreddits for countless hours, if there is a known solution, I've tried, they haven't worked.
Even following the current El Capitan guides held no luck for me. I'm simply stuck with those pesky 3 lines of text.

I can upload anything from the different USB files.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening, or what I'm doing wrong (It's probably the latter :/ )

(I've read the install guides to a precise measurement, unless I'm missing something, I can't find missed step in there)

- Thanks in advance!

My guide uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Hi RehabMan,

I've tried both, from the Clover Installer, none work. Sorry if I didn't previously state, but yes, I get the *exact* same 3 lines.

:)

Hi again,

It's my bad wording completely, appologies.

Change OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv as suggested.

What I should've said is " Change OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv as suggested and vice versa", no matter If I switch them out (and delete the other file), booting with Clover still gives the same error, just without the '2' in it, additionally, I've read through the FAQ, I couldn't actually find a specific part what matches my problem.

How I see it is these (2 individual) files seem to cease booting for me.

I should also add, I changed OsxAptioFix2Drv/sxAptioFixDrv to a file called " OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi ", despite not meant for anything other than x99, I tried, in anticipation, I still got the same error. "OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \IABootFiles\boot.efi".

Any other ideas?

- Thanks for the swift reply :)

Hi again,

It's my bad wording completely, appologies.

What I should've said is " Change OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv as suggested and vice versa", no matter If I switch them out (and delete the other file), booting with Clover still gives the same error, just without the '2' in it, additionally, I've read through the FAQ, I couldn't actually find a specific part what matches my problem.

How I see it is these (2 individual) files seem to cease booting for me.

I should also add, I changed OsxAptioFix2Drv/sxAptioFixDrv to a file called " OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi ", despite not meant for anything other than x99, I tried, in anticipation, I still got the same error. "OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \IABootFiles\boot.efi".

Any other ideas?

- Thanks for the swift reply :)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Here you are,

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 172
Hi,

I added HPFanReset.efi, and a few Kexts (FakeSMC.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext and I did try a PS2 one (I think) which caused me to kernel panic) and everything else worked swimmingly, I'm up and running in Sierra with the latest updates and iMessage working out of the box, I simply booted, installed and followed the rest of your guide.

Thanks RehabMan, you're a great help! :)

Hi,

I added HPFanReset.efi, and a few Kexts (FakeSMC.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext and I did try a PS2 one (I think) which caused me to kernel panic) and everything else worked swimmingly, I'm up and running in Sierra with the latest updates and iMessage working out of the box, I simply booted, installed and followed the rest of your guide.

Thanks RehabMan, you're a great help! :)

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back