Contribute
Register

[solved] HP 9470m problem with the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see something about probs with NVRAM somewhere in the install log. Is there a way to reach you directly Lucard or is that not authorised ?

Thank you, Bart

Hi Bart

My best advice is to follow RehabMan's guides as precisely as possible! Don't skip anything. It took me a couple of days to get it all working. If he tells you to get the newest kexts, then do that. Let me know how that works out for you, I'll try to follow this thread. And I'll try to help if I can.

Best regards.

I am not a programmer and I cannot understand these complicated tasks in text. A video guide would be better.
And you do know that it is super difficult for someone who is not a programmer to understand these stuff by paragraphs.

Dude, honestly, if you cannot 'understand these complicated tasks in text', then you shouldn't run a Hackintosh. You won't be able to ask the right questions to get help in here...

Hi Lucard; woaw that is really kind of you. I think I will be composing a completely new usb2 stick as per guide of Rehabman step by step. It is true; I used the needed kexts from my archives on my macbook air, but did not realise they get updated with time.
Can I find all the updated kexts needed through the links in the guide of rehabman or did you find them somewhere else? Is it ok to format the SSD during the install process in APFS or does that complicate things ?

Also; is it allowed on this forum to share your EFI dir or not (and would you be willing to share?)?

Again; really happy that you want to help me a bit. I will be working travelling the next 6 days but will try to work on this in my hotel rooms hahaha; am not going to give up!

Thanks!

Bart

Bart, I don't think I can say this strongly enough. Do EXACTLY as it says in the guides. Use the kexts that RehabMan provides. Use the links in the guides.

I have attached the contents of my EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. You'll need to create your own config.plist. And use my files as a guideline. Get your own from RehabMan's links.

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI-Lucard.zip
    88.5 KB · Views: 73
And as I wrote in the first post, I experienced a heavy performance hit using APFS. Yes I formatted to HJS+ during installation. And I then used the trick mentioned to avoid converting to APFS.

Thank you Lucard; ok here is myfirst question; This I find in the guide;

Preparing essential kexts

Remove EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'

Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller). You only need the kexts that allow you to boot and operate the installer. Other kexts that you might use in the final installation can wait.

I always use my own versions of these kexts:
FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

I download to get the FakeSMC.kext, but it appears it is not in the link's ZIP file....

Any idea ?

Thank you Lucard; ok here is myfirst question; This I find in the guide;

Preparing essential kexts

Remove EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'

Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller). You only need the kexts that allow you to boot and operate the installer. Other kexts that you might use in the final installation can wait.

I always use my own versions of these kexts:
FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

I download to get the FakeSMC.kext, but it appears it is not in the link's ZIP file....

Any idea ?

Read the guide carefully and completely:
Note: Please READ the README at each link so you know where pre-built binaries are located. Copy only the kext to Clover/kexts/Other (usually the kext is found in the Release folder inside the ZIP).

Thank you; More stupid questions to follow.....:oops:

Ok I have precisely followed the guide; I arrive then here in the guide;

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

Using the OS X Installer

item3;

3. Press spacebar (or plug in a USB keyboard) if a nagging screen about Mouse/keyboard appears. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to partition your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and install OS X to your formatted partition. If you used the "Unibeast method" or "BaseBinaries clone method", skip to step 7. If you used the 'createinstall media' method, please continue, the installer will extract necessary files to and verify them against the USB. This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE 1.

Maybe this is where my problem lies; I do not get the option to partition the SSD drive in GPT, it is only in GUID.

Could this be the cause for my particular problem ? I will upload my new Rehabman Guide generated efi folder and installer log after this post.

Here are the reference EFI dir and install log

Attachments

• EFI and install log.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back