Contribute
Register

[Solved] How to know if the CPU is the problem ? (kernel panic always)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z270-GAMING K7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm not able to boot with any multibeast 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2. Sierra. I got the right Bios setting. Got a brand new GA-Z170X-UD5 board, crutial memory and i7-7000k intel, using onboard video. I've used imac 14.2 on all my previous hack, still I'm guessing this is not the problem here. Will change for 18.3 definition still I can't resolve full boot anyhow.

No matter what I always got 'systems uptime' error.

I added the 0x100 boot flag so this way I can stop the screen and see the errors.:

Debugger called : panic
CPU 0 caller 0xffffff7fa03ed5f5
Library caches/GPU driver intel/GPU drivers, etc..
Waiting for remote debugger connection
kdp_poll : no debbugger device

So everything seem to be about the CPU, according to many forum post I've read.
Still I haven't found any solution for this.

**one weird thing is the motherboard never shutdown, it reboot after 3 sec., which does not make sense since 'shutdown fix' is in clover and Wake on lan to disabled. Both always fix the shutdown problems.**

Mobo: GA-Z170X-UD5 + Clover (multibeast 9.2)
CPU: i7-7700K Intel + 1151
Graphics: Intel 630

Do you have the F20 BIOS or later installed on the motherboard? To use a 7th Gen CPU F20 or later is needed.

If I were unsure about the hardware I would install Ubuntu or another Linux as that is easy compared to MacOS, and then see if it runs that stably.

I got F21.

Do you think it's enough ? They got F23 now...
Still I see on Gigabyte website they say F20 support 7th generation, other updates are not related to CPU.

Last edited:
I've done a test with another CPU, I've installed a i7-6700k instead of the i7-7770k and I'm having the SAME issues with both CPU. Also the mobo is still not able to shutdown itself, which is strange... but not my problem right now.

I got the same Mobo for another hack and it's working so nice.... I figure out I should then save time and buy the same mobo, still I can't get boot fully, always stuck at 'system uptime'..

Last edited:
Does this make sense ?

Got a OS that boot with my 1st Z170X-UD5+ i7-6700k bios F20, worked for over 6 mounts no issues.

2nd Mobo is also Z170X-UD5+i7-6700k Bios F21. Use same boot drive and I got again ' system uptime nanosecond'.

So the CPU is not the problem right ?

Does this make sense ?

Got a OS that boot with my 1st Z170X-UD5+ i7-6700k bios F20, worked for over 6 mounts no issues.

2nd Mobo is also Z170X-UD5+i7-6700k Bios F21. Use same boot drive and I got again ' system uptime nanosecond'.

So the CPU is not the problem right ?

Its probably your configuration can you drag a copy of your clover config.plist to desktop and compress it and post it so we can look at it?

here you go.
(don't mind the Kext dev mode, usually not used)

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 111
what does it mean if I can't boot 2 identical mobo with the same CPU ?
Does the problem is a mobo Bios setup or the bios version ?

I'm asuming that the CPU is not the issue since the boot has stop for the same reason again.
I've done quite extensive work on this hack for over 7 days now and anyhow I always got this same issue.
Not matter which multibeast version or no matter if the systems def is 14,2 to 18.3.

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back