Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally managed to install High Sierra on my old machine after what felt like a hundred tries. I had near to no problems with Sierra, but now i am not able to mount my secondary HDD.

- Board is a Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
- Primary harddisk is a Kingston SSD, secondary a WD 1TB HDD
- after login a message is shown that the volume can not be read by the system
- the HDD-hardware is listed in disk utility, but no partitions are shown, repair has no effect, delete fails
- HDD can be mounted via external usb case and works fine this way
- tried a spare HDD, same problem

As is seems to be a SATA problem, I tried the 3rd Party SATA and Intel Generic SATA from MultiBeast, both with no effect.

Any ideas?

@Kallator, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061) ---> Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.

thx, i updated my profile and will check the links

Update: Installing the 328 kext manually killed my system, by removing the file via USB on an different Mac and running the setup several times i was able to repair the installation, but still no secondary HDD.

Using KextBeast did the thing, thanks for pointing me to the right solution!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back