Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Help with installing HighSierra on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah still comin' up empty. Drivin' me nuts
Download and install new bios 1202 and test my OpenCore EFI above.
It will work.

So I tried that out, and got a weird error.

OSScanForBootEntries failure - Security Violation

(I'm guessing this is from the other hard disk with Windows on it?)

Error Log

Attachments

• opencore-2019-10-13-163754.txt
    256 KB · Views: 414
  • opencore-2019-10-13-164945.txt
    256 KB · Views: 533
Here we go.

I've changed my SMBIOs to Mac Pro 6,1 instead of iMac Pro due to the Apple T2 Security Chip in that rig.
I'm not sure that a Hackintosh without that chip is so vanilla and in addition to that the graphic is working smother with the Mac Pro SMBIOs due to the lack of internal monitor.

Obus,

I am
Here we go.

I've changed my SMBIOs to Mac Pro 6,1 instead of iMac Pro due to the Apple T2 Security Chip in that rig.
I'm not sure that a Hackintosh without that chip is so vanilla and in addition to that the graphic is working smother with the Mac Pro SMBIOs due to the lack of internal monitor.
Hi, Obus..
I tried to use your EFI file as attached and I have a follwoing error message.. Do you have any idea about this?? I am pretty new for Hackintosh..

IMG_0735.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 122
Hi @cwbm
I'am on OpenCore but if that is no problem you could test this complete EFI.
Just edit Platforminfo in config.plist. You need to put in your own MLB, ROM, SystemsSerialNumber and SystemUUID under Platforminfo --> Generic. No other changes.
Keep me posted if it works.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 139
Hi @cwbm
Just edit Platforminfo in config.plist. You need to put in your own MLB, ROM, SystemsSerialNumber and SystemUUID under Platforminfo --> Generic. No other changes.
Thank you so much.. I will try it..

Hi @cwbm
IMG_0742.JPG

I tried your EFI and got only those Boot Menu.. Do you have any idea??

View attachment 451777
I tried your EFI and got only those Boot Menu.. Do you have any idea??

My bad.
Test this config.plist It should work like a treat. Don't forget to fill in MLB,ROM,SystemsSerialNumber and SystemUUID.
This EFI will only work on bios 1202. NOT 3003 (the latest).

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.4 KB · Views: 133
My bad.
Test this config.plist It should work like a treat. Don't forget to fill in MLB,ROM,SystemsSerialNumber and SystemUUID.
This EFI will only work on bios 1202. NOT 3003 (the latest).
Dear Obus,
Finally I installed the Catalina.. Thank you so much for your supports..
There're couple things to do, but looks like it's working well...
Thank you again..

Dear Obus,
Finally I installed the Catalina.. Thank you so much for your supports..
There're couple things to do, but looks like it's working well...
Thank you again..

And this EFI you can use with bios v.3003
Bios 3003 has locked MSR0xE2 register but with OC this is not a problem. Upgrade your bios and test this EFI. It should work for you but don't forget to put in MLB,ROM,SystemsSerialNumber and SystemUUID in config.plist.

My C422-XHCI.kext for the USB 15 port limit might not be correct for you depending on which and how your hardware
is connected. This could give you problem with instant wake after sleep so you should try to edit this kext after your own situation. This kext is for SMBIOS MacPro1,7 and if you are running iMaPro1,1 you need to change that in the kext too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back