Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Help with installing HighSierra on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like there is something wrong with your install media.

Okay, so...

Media installed on USB
I'm a little lost on building from Clover, used Uni/Multi Beast previously (these two don't work on a C422, thus far)

So what do I need to do to add your EFI and plist into my install (assuming that I've just done it wrong and need to fix it)

Read carefully under D:2 and D:3 on this site and you will find.

Thanks for the info, Man.

Read carefully under D:2 and D:3 on this site and you will find.

Is the current firmware okay to boot with? or do I need an older firmware?

If you mean Bios firmware 0905 is good.

Yeah still comin' up empty. Drivin' me nuts

Hi all with C422 mobo:s.

Read this: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...on-xeon-w-2175-and-asus-ws-c422-mobo/?page=13

Test this OC (OpenCore) version 0.0.4 "as is". Don't remove anything not even the SSDT-ALL in ACPI-folder. If you need any other SSDT:s integrate them in SSDT-ALL otherwise you have to change in config.plist -> ACPI -> Add according to attached manual Configuration.pdf .
(My SSDT-ALL.aml contains only SSDT-PLUG = 1 (XCPM) ,SSDT-EC-USBX (Buspower) and Method DTGP, and this should be default for all C422-boards)
You need to provide MLB,ROM,Serial and SystemUUID in config.plist -> Platforminfo -> Generic according to attached manual Configuration.pdf.
I still use FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC because it works better with iStat. This is a debug version so if you have problems booting there will be log-file created in the root of the EFI-folder.

This EFI should work OOB. Test and give feedback.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 155
  • Configuration.pdf
    420 KB · Views: 2,725
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back