- Aug 22, 2015
- Asus X99-E WS
- 5960x - 128GB Ram
- Nvidia Quadro K4200
- , ,
- Mobile Phone
Hi @zmanfx,Hi @esokos,
I was able to get it working with the config.plist and TSCResetAdjust.kext that obus posted above. I will attach a zip of my working EFI folder.
The settings I changed in the BIOS:
- Disabled both Super IO serial ports
- You can leave VT-d on as long as you drop DMAR ACPI table
- Disabled secure boot and CSM
I also got audio working on this board with the AppleALC and Lilu kexts.
(Also, I have your same CPU, not the W-2175 but the W-2155, I guess I was confused...)
Two issues that I still have with my system:
- I have noticed some odd UI stuttering on my system and I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that the TSCAdjustReset is adjusted for 14 cores, not 10 as the W-2155 has.
- I cannot get DRM video files to play in iTunes, and Netflix in Safari does not seem to work without installing Silverlight (which should be able to work without a plug-in).
That being said, with this you should be able to at least get the USB to boot and install. Best of luck.
Thank you so much!
Please find attached a TSCResetAdjust.kext amended for our CPU (W-2155), try it.
I am also much influenced by the great work done by @kgp.
I'll keep you posted how it goes . . .
All the best.
13.6 KB Views: 24