Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Spin 5 (Clover)
CPU
Intel i3-6006U/Syklake-Y PCH
Graphics
HD520, 1920x1080
Hi,
I've tried Rehabman's custom config.plist for HD520 along with your latest fork of Clover and the Lilu & IntelGraphicsFixup kexts.

I've searched through most of the posts on this forum and have tried all sorts of patches: minstolen which I understand is not recommended for High Sierra and the alternative which also didn't work (still active). FYI I don't know much VRAM has been preallocated but though it should never be trusted, Windows reports 128mb.

macOS has always shown 7mb of graphics memory and there is clear stuttering when loading animations e.g. at login.

Is there something I'm missing? Thanks

Attachments

• debug_27989.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
Hi,
I've tried Rehabman's custom config.plist for HD520 along with your latest fork of Clover and the Lilu & IntelGraphicsFixup kexts.

I've searched through most of the posts on this forum and have tried all sorts of patches: minstolen which I understand is not recommended for High Sierra and the alternative which also didn't work (still active). FYI I don't know much VRAM has been preallocated but though it should never be trusted, Windows reports 128mb.

macOS has always shown 7mb of graphics memory and there is clear stuttering when loading animations e.g. at login.

Is there something I'm missing? Thanks

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

See guide for correct plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

From your ioreg, looks like you deleted (or corrupted) the graphics kexts.
Lots of things installed that shouldn't have been also...

Start over with fresh install.

Start over with fresh install.

I see. Should I go for an older version? Do they work better with this graphics gen?

And is there any easy way to determine my DVMT-prealloc if it's not mentioned in the BIOS?

Thanks

I see. Should I go for an older version? Do they work better with this graphics gen?

And is there any easy way to determine my DVMT-prealloc if it's not mentioned in the BIOS?

Thanks

If you get KP in the graphics drivers without the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch, your DVMT-prealloc is 32mb.

Solved by wiping the entire system and installing Windows after. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back