Contribute
Register

SOLVED Hardware incorrectly recognised (GIGABYTE GTX980TI)(Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4 2400MHz x 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 Mini ITX LGA1151
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte 980 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
SOLVED!

System information/About this mac issues:
included EmuVariableUefi-64 in clover install

Graphics card boot issues:
Fully disabled System Integrity Protection in my config.plist. Instructions can be found here (you want CsrActiveConfig to be 0x67)

Hey, I'm having trouble getting my build to recognise my RAM and graphics card correctly. I can only boot without nvda_drv=1 (If it's enabled my display stops detecting an input and my graphics card shuts off during boot).

I've tried the Pike R. Alpha solution and editing the info.plist in the AGDP kext (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist). This has led me to believe that my hardware not being recognised is the root of my graphics problems and by fixing this issue I might fix my Nvidia issue. I could be completely wrong in thinking that but solving it might still help my system to use all available RAM.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've attached Images below

This is my SMBIOS information:

<key>SMBIOS</key>
••<dict>
••••<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
••••<string>04/11/2016</string>
••••<key>BiosVendor</key>
••••<string>Apple Inc.</string>
••••<key>BiosVersion</key>
••••<string>IM171.88Z.0105.B08.1604111319</string>
••••<key>Board-ID</key>
••••<string>Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D</string>
••••<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
••••<string>Apple Inc.</string>
••••<key>BoardType</key>
••••<integer>10</integer
••••<key>ChassisAssetTag</key
••••<string>iMac-Aluminum</string>
••••<key>ChassisManufacturer</key
••••<string>Apple Inc.</string
••••<key>ChassisType</key
••••<string>13</string
••••<key>Family</key
••••<string>iMac</string
••••<key>Manufacturer</key
••••<string>Apple Inc.</string
••••<key>ProductName</key
••••<string>iMac17,1</string
••••<key>SerialNumber</key
••••<string>C02QTN2CH2YQ</string
••••<key>Trust</key
••••<false/
••••<key>Version</key
••••<string>1.0</string>
••</dict>

I've attached my EFI/CLOVER/config.plist if that's any help (feedback on it is more than welcome!)

Let me know if I've left anything out and thanks in advance!

EDIT:
15:24 25/Nov/16

Ram is now working. Added EmuVariableUefi-64 with clover installer
Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 07.22.28.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
So I've fixed my RAM issue! Updated clover and included EmuVariableUefi-64 and it's now reading correctly in About This Mac :thumbup:

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 07.22.28.png

Graphics unaffected by change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Looking at your config plist graphics injection is enabled for intel only. Try enabling nvidia injection in clover options and see if your hardware is reported in system profiler. Then make changes permanent in clover plist and install nvidia drivers.

Looking at your config plist graphics injection is enabled for intel only. Try enabling nvidia injection in clover options and see if your hardware is reported in system profiler. Then make changes permanent in clover plist and install nvidia drivers.

So boot args should be "dart=0" and then in my config.plist I should do

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>

and then install nvidia web drivers?

Okay, so my graphics card is being detected in about this mac! 0MB still but that's probably because of the web drivers not being installed yet

Yes. Or press key 'o' at Clover boot screen you can enable/disable intel/nvidia injection from there as well.

About this mac may report wrong information even with nvidia drivers. It is cosmetic though.

Yes. Or press key 'o' at Clover boot screen you can enable/disable intel/nvidia injection from there as well.

And so when I have my drivers installed should I disable injection?

EDIT:

Tried it, failed to boot

EDIT:
Also thanks for the help, cubawire! This has left me stumped for a couple of days now

Last edited:
And so when I have my drivers installed should I disable injection?
You will need injection without DSDT edits. Doing it in options is so you can try it out first.

One thing you can do when installing the nvidia drivers is clearing the command line from nvram

sudo nvram -c

and adding nvda_drv=1 to your config.plist arguments

(you need to do that everytime you run the nvidia installer) so its simple to override (after OS upgrades for example)

I've been trying this for about an hour in total now and nothing I try has been working. I think I might just be doing something wrong or doing steps in the wrong order. before nvidia web drivers are installed i boot OS X with the nvidia injection enabled, clear nvram, install web drivers, reboot with nvda_drv=1 in my config.plist args

EDIT: I connected a usb blu-ray drive to see if it would eject while the screen was black and verify system response. It doesn't, which has me further stumped because my build is showing up for screensharing with a dead screen (though it doesn't work)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back