Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Hackintosh Sierra Hangs and reboots randomly with or without heavy load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z87-D3HP
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
Zotak Geforce Gtx-650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am using clover boot loader latest version ( as of 9Jan2016)

Config:
i7-4770k processor
Nvidia Gtx650 gpu 2gb GDDR5
550w cooler master Powersupply
Gigabyte 8 series mother board
Usb Keyboard and mice.
No wifi
128GB SSD for OSX and 2TB Sata HDD
VoodooHDA for Audio
Nvidia Web as graphics driver (matches for my OS version)

The problem is my pc hangs all of a sudden and reboots and says restarted because of a problem. Sometimes just hangs and I have no option other than force reboot. fed up with the issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Screen shots added.

View media item 188123View media item 188122View media item 188121

Last edited:
I'm having a similar problem. Once in a while, it will just reboot...

I think the random reboots/panic are caused by the nVidia Beta web graphics driver.

Why do I think that?

My current El Capitan setup is a clone of my old El Capitan rig, the only difference is now I'm running a GTX970 using web drivers vs. my old setup of AMD 6870. The AMD 6870 was rock solid stable. No unexpected sudden reboots.

Same cloned OS, just now a different graphics card and web drivers.

I'm having a similar problem. Once in a while, it will just reboot...

I think the random reboots/panic are caused by the nVidia Beta web graphics driver.

Why do I think that?

My current El Capitan setup is a clone of my old El Capitan rig, the only difference is now I'm running a GTX970 using web drivers vs. my old setup of AMD 6870. The AMD 6870 was rock solid stable. No unexpected sudden reboots.

Same cloned OS, just now a different graphics card and web drivers.

I am using clover boot loader latest version ( as of 9Jan2016)

Config:
i7-4770k processor
Nvidia Gtx650 gpu 2gb GDDR5
550w cooler master Powersupply
Gigabyte 8 series mother board
Usb Keyboard and mice.
No wifi
128GB SSD for OSX and 2TB Sata HDD
VoodooHDA for Audio
Nvidia Web as graphics driver (matches for my OS version)

The problem is my pc hangs all of a sudden and reboots and says restarted because of a problem. Sometimes just hangs and I have no option other than force reboot. fed up with the issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Screen shots added.

View media item 188123View media item 188122View media item 188121

Same issue.
HW gigabyte same cpu and mobo is GA-Z87X-UD3H. I don't now how to debug this either.

Damn it... crash again. I am very tempted to go back to AMD. nVidia web drivers just seem unstable.

latest crash log
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)
com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.4.1)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)
com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb(10.1.1)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.4.1)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)
dependency: com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControlA73A25F2ADC0]@0xffffff7f94c36000
com.nvidia.web.NVDAGM100HalWeb(10.1.1)
dependency: com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb(10.1.1)

Do you guys have Chrome browser running when you experience this crash?

Maybe the combination of Chrome browser (with hardware acceleration) and nVidia web drivers is cause of this.

Well, this ****ing GTX970 is going on eBay. ****ing piece of trash. Crashed 4-5x today, whole day ****ing wasted. I'm going back to my trusty reliable AMD 6870.

UPDATE: Removed the GTX970, put back my XFX 6870.... almost 24 hours now WITHOUT a single random crash! Used the computer all day, running heavy load via a Win10 VM working on a 40GB SQL Database processing, while watching streaming video, web browsing, email ---- not a single crash!

So either there's a problem with 970 cards or the nVidia web drivers is making OSX randomly crash. So there... back to productive days again for me.

Mine in Zotac Geforce gtx650 with Sierra using for video editing, whenever I try to render, export movie, it reboots after some percentage of progress. I don't know if AMD will do in my system ( Gigabyte z-87 d3hp, 128gb SSD, 16 GB HyperX furry RAM, 2TB HDD i7-4770k

Hello,
Did you solve this issue?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back