Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Hackintosh Sierra Hangs and reboots randomly with or without heavy load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Removed the GTX970, put back my XFX 6870.... almost 24 hours now WITHOUT a single random crash! Used the computer all day, running heavy load via a Win10 VM working on a 40GB SQL Database processing, while watching streaming video, web browsing, email ---- not a single crash!

So either there's a problem with 970 cards or the nVidia web drivers is making OSX randomly crash. So there... back to productive days again for me.

I'm having the same issue. I'm doing some not too heavy work and my computer randomly restarts. Or sometimes, I install a software and I restart; as soon as the welcome screen is about to start my pc restart again. On its second restart the OS load normally. On other words, sometimes the computer restarts twice to load the OS.

I do believe it is a problem with the video card drivers. I'm running High Sierra 10.13.1

My problem was with the BIOS. I updated to the latest version for my mobo, and that fixed all instability.

UPDATE: Removed the GTX970, put back my XFX 6870.... almost 24 hours now WITHOUT a single random crash! Used the computer all day, running heavy load via a Win10 VM working on a 40GB SQL Database processing, while watching streaming video, web browsing, email ---- not a single crash!

So either there's a problem with 970 cards or the nVidia web drivers is making OSX randomly crash. So there... back to productive days again for me.

Yes, the nVidia web drivers are indeed what is causing the random reboots. At first i used to have them almost every day when I was using 3 displays (3 of them with DP).

I switched now to a single display (Acer XR342CK), and while its way more stable now, it still reboots at least once peer week.

Almost each time it reboots without warning, but some times I can see a nvidia kext list on the display before it reboots.

My GF with a GTX 670 doesn't have this problem since she doesn't use nvidia web drivers, so yeah, its that's should be it.

I'm having the same issue. I'm doing some not too heavy work and my computer randomly restarts. Or sometimes, I install a software and I restart; as soon as the welcome screen is about to start my pc restart again. On its second restart the OS load normally. On other words, sometimes the computer restarts twice to load the OS.

I do believe it is a problem with the video card drivers. I'm running High Sierra 10.13.1
Hi, did you get the problem fixed ? I have the same problem.

@Samqiang, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Solved permanently. Replaced 8series with 9 series. Installed Gigabyte Z97HD3 motherboard and fixed the problem. Now got an amazing speed boost too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back